Deleted Domains.

Is there any place to know the list of recently expired domains ?

deleteddomains.com

Hi All,

I'm a newbie

Could someone out there tell me how long will NetSol or other registrars generally hold the expiring domains? and how can I possibly get the domains or only the domain owner can regain it but how?

This is confusing, why there are domains on hold just for a sec while others for a "century"?

Thx Much!

Lavender

netsol has a reputation for holding domains as long as 6 months, other registrars may do it in as little as 30 days...i think it's all pretty much random...

Originally posted by akash
    netsol has a reputation for holding domains as long as 6 months, other registrars may do it in as little as 30 days...i think it's all pretty much random...
    some goes for years

Thanks much Akash

Just wondering if you have some idea of their policy regarding these expiring domains....what are they holding them for?

Thanks again!

Lavender

you're very welcome

i think they hold them because they can....dont quote me on that one though

Zenk u! akash

Ok, that's nice, they just wanna show us they can do it, so they do it, right?!

Another thing, could you tell me some about WLS? I heard of this a lot recently, seems better than snapnames, how?

Lavender

WLS = Waiting List Service.

It won't be available until the beginning of 2003 I think. What happens is right now if you want a domain name there area lot of service providers who would attempt to "snap" the name for you. Note that you *might* or might not get the domain name with those in competition.

When the WLS comes into play next year (or whenever it is), it'll give Snapnames a 100% chance of getting the domain name for you - given you have a snap on the name of course. Hope that helps (hopefully it's accurate as well)

Thx a lot Omni

I believe I've some idea of it now...

Lavender

NetSol held a domain I let expire.
    I wanted to register it elsewhere, cause $35/year at the time wasn't worth the service they were giving... wanted to move over to DirectNIC.

Anyways, they held it for almost a year and then sold it to some company called Ultimate Search (Hong-Kong) based.

What a bunch of scum bags they are.
    It was quite obvious the Ultimate Search company made a deal with NetSol to buy A LOT of traffic-driving domains all at once....

He has a lot of inside connections. Gets all the good domains too.
    Domain Software, LLC.

use a WHOIS :')

It's true that both are scumbags and worst, but Ultimate Search did not buy the domain from netsol - they grabbed it within 5 to 60 seconds from when it expired. Netsol keeps domains on hold for years then drop them and Ultimate Search keeps an eye on such domains for years to then grabs them.

No idea how many domains Ultimate Search has grabbed till now, but might be over 10,000 by now. Lots of webmasters find their expired domains there.

Bulkregister

Hi all,
    I had a domain at Bulkregister I tried to transfer. For some reason they didn't release to the gaining registrar. I still don't understand, if you own the name, is it legal for them to hold it until the transfer period is past or till it expires? Seems they should be legally accountable for doing this.

Luckily, when the name expired, I was able to re-register it within a month, so got it back.

Also, do you think they might hold names for different periods depending on the "value" of the name?

Thanks!

Originally posted by DotComster
    It's true that both are scumbags and worst, but Ultimate Search did not buy the domain from netsol - they grabbed it within 5 to 60 seconds from when it expired. Netsol keeps domains on hold for years then drop them and Ultimate Search keeps an eye on such domains for years to then grabs them.

No idea how many domains Ultimate Search has grabbed till now, but might be over 10,000 by now. Lots of webmasters find their expired domains there.
    Come on... you know Ult. Search struck a deal with NetSol.
    For a company who has THAT many domains, the price that NetSol charges would kill them... and my former domain, that UltSearch now has, is still with NetSol. I'm certain there is more to this story than what you think