Thread: Best Host

Best Host

A friend of mine is with Aletia, and he is very satisfied with their servers. I want a hosting account for my ecommerce site, I don't mind going with Aletia, but due to the receive take over of Aletia by a new company, I have some concerns.

I need to know who is the best host that can provide value, prompt and quality hosting!

I believe JaguarPC took over Aletia. They are a reputable company from what I understand.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Yep, Aletia did have crazy problems due to enormous and fast growth. Jaguar will surely turn the company around and has already made a positive impact so I hear.

Anyhow, I'm sure members will be in to give you recommendations on their favourite host.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Re: Best Host

Originally posted by akaize
    . . . . . . . .
    I need to know who is the best host that can provide value, prompt and quality hosting!
    There is no best host that I know of. There is only the host that's best for you.
    It's more of a trial and error thing. Same reason there are so many different kinds of cars. You have to find the one that fits you best.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

You might do well to take a few hours and search the forums for several hosts that have posted. You can get a general idea of what the people at WHT think of them, which would be a lot more inclusive than what you will find in this thread. A lot of people ask this question every week. You'll learn a lot.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Re: Re: Best Host

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    There is no best host that I know of. There is only the host that's best for you.
    It's more of a trial and error thing. Same reason there are so many different kinds of cars. You have to find the one that fits you best.

This is the BEST post I have ever seen in this forum! Those companies that send customers here to spam, needs to write this down.

I was with aletia for two years before jaguar took over. Only real problems I ever had was with my email, during the takeover I was down for 3 days and was forced to look elsewhere. Haven't heard if they got things worked out yet or not.
    I'm the first one that will walk away, and the last one you want to turn around.

I've been with aletia for 10 months, my experiene with them is very bad, many down times and poor support. Even after they was took over by jaguar, I don't see any improvement. I remembered one time they took away my domain name to a stranger for unknown reason, they didn't even know why this happaned to me.

Anyway, I am going to move to other host. If you don't care about down time or poor service, you may join aletia.

If you look at their forum, you can find many problems and unsatisfied customers there.

fatcow.com offers $99 per year for big hosting plan ( 100mb). also invotion.com hosts dedicated servers for $179 i heard their services and support is wonderful . any ideas ?

Originally posted by pbuilder
    I've been with aletia for 10 months, my experiene with them is very bad, many down times and poor support. Even after they was took over by jaguar, I don't see any improvement. I remembered one time they took away my domain name to a stranger for unknown reason, they didn't even know why this happaned to me.

Anyway, I am going to move to other host. If you don't care about down time or poor service, you may join aletia.

If you look at their forum, you can find many problems and unsatisfied customers there.
    I've been gone for a couple months now and wasn't sure if anything had changed or not. I guess not. Thanks for the update.
    I'm the first one that will walk away, and the last one you want to turn around.