I have been a reseller for sometimes, and I wish I can get a good dedicated server to provide better service to my client, but I can't afford it. So, here's my idea..
Share a server (5 people)
Fully Managed Server
Pentium 4 with 1 GIG of ram
Quality non cogent connection
Each people will get:
- 10 GIGs+ space
- 150 GIGs+ bandwidth
- WHM/Cpanel, with ability to create reseller account
- ~$40 setup fee
Basically, I will not profit from you as what you pay me will be used to pay for the server cost. When you need any technical support, I will relay your question to the company. When you need to create reseller account, I will create it for you (I am the one with root access)
Why is this better than a standard reseller account?
- more for less, you get more space and bandwidth while paying less
- high quality server and bandwidth, i.e. no more cogent
- you can create subreseller, indirectly
- better support, since the company that offer this server is truly managing the server 24/7 to make sure it is 100%. I bet you can't say the same thing with companies like mchost or mehost that offering reseller accounts
Why is this better than a standard dedicated server?
- it is fully managed, so you don't need any server administration skill
- it is cheaper but still has enough power
Some limitations that I had mentioned
- relay in creating subreseller account - I can write a script to automate this process
- relay in technical support, since the company only want to deal with an individual - I can write a script to automate this process as well
Please let me know how do you think about this by either PM me or replying to this thread. Sorry if I fail to elaborate my idea well enough, but for me I think it is a great idea for any reseller
I don't want to sound rude, but..
Who manages this server? Probably you, as no serious host will offer you a fully managed server with quality bandwidth for $250.
Did you think about all the implications?
Don't you think this should be in the Offers forum?
I don't want to sound rude either... but as a frequent WHT poster with 1700+ posts, I wonder how can you miss the existance of such a server. I would appreciate if you look thoroughly again (just look, no need to dig) and take back your comment, because, yes, it does sound rude. Very rude, indeed.
I am not sure whether this should be in the Offers forum, and I bet you can't be 100% sure either, so why don't we let the moderator to decide?