Valid Domain Name Server

Hello, im having a problem with editing dns info on my domain name providers site. This is what it says when i add the 2 name servers (ns1 + ns2):

ns1.domain.net does not appear to be a valid Domain Name Server
    ns2.domain.net does not appear to be a valid Domain Name Server

Im 100% sure i have done everything right on my site. I have assigned 2 different ips to each name server and i have added all the records. Does anyone know whats going on?
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Did you set your nameservers at your regestra?

Sure did, but my clients domain register didn't directly have that option on their site. I contacted the register and they said that they had registered the name servers. Im going to try and get in contact with them to see what is going on.

Thanks for the help, Dan
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

You should be able to use your nameservers addresses and point them to your IPs.

Did you set-up the nameservers at your domains regester? If so it sould be a world wide nameserver.

Verify that they are working as name servers first. A few nslookups should do that.

Verify the registration at the registrars.

Complain to registrar that says they aren't valid.

In the Bad Old Days(tm), NSI required they be up and functioning and authoritative for a domain before they would let you register them. Which meant a spare domain laying around for adding new nameservers.

</history lesson>
    GUI admin tools have no honor. It is a good day to vi.

Have just been through the same problems with our name servers.

Check to see if the servers are registered in the whois system using the command "whois -h whois.nsiregistry.com HOST ns1.domain.net"

That will at least tell you if your registrar has done their part.