Thread: SiteHook

SiteHook

Would some kind members kindly give their impressions about www.sitehook.com ?

This is not my site. I just have a shy friend.

1. Is the home page inviting?
    2. Does it look professional?
    3. Do you want to click through the site; or move on?
    4. Are the samples credible?
    5. Is it priced right?
    6. Is the site overall functional, attractive, and easy to understand?

Keeping in mind that the target audience is persons with little or no internet savvy.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 10-26-2002 at 09:49 PM.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Pretty nice, except tone down the bright green colours

I wouldn't worry about it being priced right. People in that target group will pay more than that. Your friend just needs to keep in mind that they'll need a little more support than typical wht-people hosted clients.

I like the color change in the mouseover of the first page. Don't like the blue table outline on the navigation bar.
    The site will need a bit more explanations of what all the offerings are for this audience. PHP means nothing to them.

It may be better to rephrase the answers to solution-sided questions instead of how they are written.

Something like - "I have a website already, what can you do for me" instead of - "What is web hosting and why do I need it?"
    This type of client may not take the time to go through each question to find what pertains to them. They need a little more steering.

I think it may be slight information overload on the first page. It may be intimidating. They want someone to relate to personally that they can trust. All that information is good for web designers, but not for internet newbies. Lots of tutorials and self-help sections are needed.

Our most profitable sector is in small business owners. They want kind of a 'hands-off' solution to the internet because they don't have the time to learn to be web-savvy. These people, though, require a different approach. Offline advertising is paramount as well.

Just my opinion

Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Thanks guys!

That's exactly the kinds of things she's looking for.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Nice logo.

The front page....

As far as the layout it does need some "filler" work. The design is a little too spartan (especially if someone's a web designer or offering web design services!).

What's the purpose of the couple on the bottom left hand corner? It doesn't follow the theme, it just hangs there without an explanation. The eye will get drawn to it, since there's little else for the eye to follow (it's in a poor position away from the selling points when the page expands to fill a larger monitor resolution). If the designer doesn't want to change the position, some caption on the bottom of the photo (some selling point or customer quote) would give it a purpose.

Nice centering of the text. Excellent text size. Fills a 1280x1024 monitor nicely - no wasted space.

Just fillout the template some more. If the target audience is not the professional crowd, a more relaxed theme (and stock photo models in more casual clothes) will make the site more appealing.

Chris

1. Is the home page inviting?
    2. Does it look professional?
    3. Do you want to click through the site; or move on?
    4. Are the samples credible?
    5. Is it priced right?
    6. Is the site overall functional, attractive, and easy to understand?
    1.) Sort of. More graphics perhaps to enhance the look for a more friendly environmental feel.
    2.) No
    3.) Move on (however, this is my opinion. If I see a well-designed site, I browse through it).
    4.) Yes
    5.) Yes
    6.) The site's usability is clean and good. Although not necessarily attractive, it's easy-to-understand.

My Rating: 4/10
    Last edited by progex; 10-27-2002 at 08:06 AM.