What is "Word of Mouth" ?

I know, this is stupid question, but what is "Word of Mouth" ?
    Where their site?

Thank you.

"Word of mouth" is slang. It means people talking (good or bad) about something to other people.

Umbra Hosting
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Ksplice
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation

Where their site?
    LOL -sorry that made my day. your gonna be a webhost?

New Orleans, LA

nothing wrong with stupid questions (or even amusing ones ).

Word of mouth is what happens when your customers love you and tell all their friends, post on newsgroups, etc etc telling the world how wonderful you are. This takes time & doesn't happen by accident.

This can be very powerful because it is taken as trusted info. The info in advertising and marketing blurb etc is always taken as relatively untrustworthy.
    Andrew McMaster
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

One piece of advice: Bad things spread about you much faster than good ones, so treat your first customers as if they were kings (as well as all other ones)

Good Luck

Thanks for this thread
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Philadelphia, Pa
    All of a sudden I feel that much more "in the loop"

Being that 'word of mouth' is an english idiomatic expression, I'm sure there are equivelent expressions in other languages.

Just out of curiousity, anyone know any? Not literal translations of 'word of mouth' but sayings that mean something similar?

In German it's called "Mundpropaganda". "Mund" is German for mouth

New Jersey
    word of mouth stats. I have learned from marketing in the past.

bad news word of mouth travels 7 times further than good word of mouth and last about 400% ( 4 times ) longer than good word of mouth.

Good word of mouth, dispells bad word of mouth over long periods of time IE: it took toyota almost 30 years to dispell the rep of rusty cars but the rusting problem was only for about 7 years. it was not untill the mid 90's that I did not hear about that anymore and quality came into the lingo. what you hear now " they use to be rusty bucket's but they got that solved and are indestructable as heck "

so you have to strive to lay on hell of a solid foundation, otherwise you have a uphill battle.

I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Georgia, USA
    LOL I had a good laugh at this but never though that people not fluent in English might not know all the slang terms and phrases we use on a daily basis.
    CDHost - Managed Business Hosting - [email protected]
    Proud Host of!

The online version of word of mouth is viral marketing ... and it can be a mega traffic tool ...
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed

Originally posted by CDHost
    LOL I had a good laugh at this but never though that people not fluent in English might not know all the slang terms and phrases we use on a daily basis.
    Couldn't have put it any better myself.
    Last edited by ServerCentreLtd; 10-28-2002 at 09:01 AM.
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting