How many use Paypal?

How many of you Hosting comps out there use paypal?

I dont get my bank account till next week, there for i can get a merchant account till next week.

Thanks
    Chris

I use 2checkout and paypal for billing options, I think its always good to offer paypal as a payment method.

If you don't get a bank account until next week, you can't sign up for a PayPal account untl next week either.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I currently use only PayPal, but when I get a merchant account I'm going to offer both options. (I already caution my clients NOT to use any of PayPal's other services, though, like their ATM card or money market account, since PayPal is not a banking company.)

It goes without saying that several providers (and other PayPal users in general) have been denied transfer of funds for various reasons.

PayPal has appeared to be a solid company and will hopefully improve on its customer support issues since purchased by EBAY. Of course EBAY's track record on purchased companies have not been very productive after reorganization.

1. I would not want to use PayPal as my only source for processing credit cards.
    2. If you do use them, whether as a primary or secondary processor, I would not allow my funds to accumulate for long.

These are not the 'droids we're looking for. Move along.

A lot of home users prefer paypal, so it would be a good thing to have it as one of the payment processors. But preferably not the only one.

While we dont advertise that we accept paypal, we will on a per-request basis.

Much easier just to do everything through our merchant account.

Zach

How do you use paypal for recurring billing anyways ? do you have to send your customer an email every month so they can send you a payment through their website or paypal will do that for you automatically.

Cheers,
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

Subscriptions can be setup through PayPal. Each month the subscription amount will be automatically transferred to your account.
    justin 'at' abrogo.com
    http://www.abrogo.com
    Shared Unix Hosting

you should only use paypal as a reserve in case you need it, and make sure you don't keep much money in there. they have a habit of locking your account, and you have no real recourse.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

With the few customers we have using paypal, we just invoice them and they pay manually like with a check.

Zach

I think that the best thing is to use PayPal as an optional, secondary choice of payment processing and transfer any money you receive within the first 24-48 hours.

If you can't get a merchant account, go for revecom.com in addition to PayPal. Combined, they make a great couple

Boris

Originally posted by Zach
    While we dont advertise that we accept paypal, we will on a per-request basis.

Much easier just to do everything through our merchant account.

Zach
    Agreed.
    NxTek Solutions Inc - www.nxtek.net
    Award-winning Hosting, Development, and Ecommerce Solutions
    Locally-owned and operated Datacenter since 1999
    There is no best pizza, only the pizza that's right for you.

We use paypal. No problems with it.

Originally posted by seiya
    We use paypal. No problems with it.
    Same here.

I've used paypal for about a year and a half and had no problems with it.

I've used PayPal for a few years, without a problem either. Most of its use comes from eBay auctions, but I also get people who use them through the website from time to time. Although most of our sales come from a regular merchant account, which is one of the best investments we've ever made.

Best of luck,

David
    http://www.genaldi.com

I recommend using a combination of PayPal and 2Checkout on the recurring subscription models. This way you can make it easier for your clients to pay.
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

So far so good with PayPal here also, have seen a lot of people posting about 2Chekout as well which we may look into using as well becuase getting a reasonably priced merchant account in my own country seems to be near impossible.
    Hosting and Design Services
    www.KiwiBloke.com

used to use paypal.

They are deploying to many rulz. We are an ISP in SA and tried to use them to make things easier for some of clients. We have a handful of hosting companies that we colo RAQs for. They sometimes need some leeway on the payments so we offered them the ability to pay through paypal. What a hassle. There are some many nitpicky rulz they start tomake it difficult to work with them.

We use Paypal, but not for web hosting. It's a great tool. I wonder if eBay will screw the services up. You know what happens to services when bigger companies buy it out, it gets worse.... usually.
    Kaumil P.

The problems are coming with Pay Pal, mark my words... I use them only if someone really wants to...
    Joe - HostingWave.Com / TXINSURANCE.COM
    http://www.hostingwave.com
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

* marking them!

Your words that is . . .
    Just trying to find a way to use up a ton of bandwidth we do not use after hours. Anyone with ideas, I would be open to suggestions www.dotcompc.com