Derek

Just a word of advice....if you really want to associate with a professional hosting company, I don't think Koruptism or Korupt Society are the names that will get you there. They just, IMHO, are not the professionalism you want to present.

As an example, in hiring office personnel, most resumes come in with email addresses such as [email protected] or something of the sort. Being a snob, I look somewhat askance at hotmail or AOL addresses. However, occasionally I get a resume with an email such as [email protected]. That person immediately is perceived as unprofessional. They have not separated their professional self from their personal/play self. Their lack of perception scares me away.

Re: Derek

Originally posted by Incognito
    Just a word of advice....if you really want to associate with a professional hosting company, I don't think Koruptism or Korupt Society are the names that will get you there. They just, IMHO, are not the professionalism you want to present.

As an example, in hiring office personnel, most resumes come in with email addresses such as [email protected] or something of the sort. Being a snob, I look somewhat askance at hotmail or AOL addresses. However, occasionally I get a resume with an email such as [email protected]. That person immediately is perceived as unprofessional. They have not separated their professional self from their personal/play self. Their lack of perception scares me away.

I guess it wouldn't help you get a job if you have a ****ty car but are one of the best Linux admins and have an awesome resume.

Who cares what his domain is or what his email address is. I guess you judge all of your staff by their email address, or personal domain names. Heck, do your techs need to be phyisically attractive when you are hiring them?

Perhaps a generation thing

I didn't mean any offense...just from a potential employers perspective. And, no I don't judge on physical appearance such as beauty, etc., but I do judge on how one presents themselve and if it is appropriate for the position and for the occasion. As to hiring people here, it is based on resume, references, and communication. I do read what one has previously posted here, for instance. And, Derek may be excellent at his job. However, I, personally, would be more inclined to respond to someone who signed as Professional Linux Administrator rather than Korupt Society. Admittedly, I may be the only one here who reacts that way and so just ignore me if you believe so. However, it did impact my initial reaction. First impressions are important. Others might not have any issue with that. In fact, starting up a conversation on Korupt Society might be their way of getting to know him.

Trying to be constructive and get this back on track, could you please expand on your skills, experience, and other attributes which might be of interest to a potential employer.

hum

well, support on "weekends" I wouldn't want that. My techs give up their time week day/ week ends and all i give them is a domain and they are happy :-)

-Max
    Max
    Web Hosting Talk Community Guide

Re: Perhaps a generation thing

Originally posted by Incognito
    . . . . . . could you please expand on your skills, experience, and other attributes which might be of interest to a potential employer.
    Yes. Some of us would like to know.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I have been a shadow in the web hosting business for about 2 years now. Was going to start my own with a partner(s), but he got power hungry and decided that he wanted to take it all and have me and the other partner on as staff. I declined and left.

I have been using CPanel for about 2.5 years and have had about 4 months to fool around with WHM. I'm a net junky so to speak and I am very familiar with the web.

As to my name, I don't feel it plays a part. Yes, it may not be professional if I use this when dealing with a client, but why would I? This is just my personal info for my (soon to be) employer. I would never use the name "Koruptism" to support a client. I would use a more professional name. But why must I adopt a new identity when trying to find an employer. If they get offeneded by the names I am to use, what else about me will they be offended by.

I have gotten PMs and eMail in reply to this thread. One response I got in about 30 seconds after posting this. There apparently is not an uproar in response to the "unprofessionalism" my name reflects.

Re: hum

Originally posted by maxhest
    well, support on "weekends" I wouldn't want that. My techs give up their time week day/ week ends and all i give them is a domain and they are happy :-)

-Max
    Some value their time more than others.

Your trick might go by here on WHT, but most of the time getting a job in a corporation would require presenting your self properly. It's YOU that wants to get a job. The employer can hire someone else just as good or better. You're not special for him.

Noone is denying, but in a corporation, you get paid. I am requesting a reseller account. Take me as I am or hire the other person.

Originally posted by dreamHOBO
    A reseller account is payment. Payment is not limited to cash/monetary value.

A reseller account costs a company all of, what, $15? If he works more than 3 hours that's under min. wage here in the USA.

Now anyone bitching about him being professional wouldn't hire someone in exchange for a reseller account and have them work for under min. wage (ala "payment is not limited to..."), now would they?

Hypocracy runs deep.

Just my opinion.