Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Look at all the people at RackShack Work!

Check out 5 and 6, They busy with all there new servers they need to put togethor

Looky at the web cams!

LOL

horray!! was waiting for new servers mwhaha time to order (when they get them installed)
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Looks busy... I wouldn't mind being where they are now
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

Impressive

I don't get it... why do they use 1U chasis? Wouldn't it save aloooooooooooooooooooot of space
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

It really is very impressive the way you're able to watch the people at Rackshack work. ALTCO, they're not using 1U cases because the cost of 1U cases are a LOT more than thw tower units, and I'm sure they've already outweighed the costs of both.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

They do have some 1U servers

I wouldn't mind doing that work though, I like being computers and stuff like that... and setting up 250 servers would be interesting... they seem to be doing it quite fast

Yeah... the Compaq machines that they have are all 1U cases I think. Check out the "Data Center 3" webcam... those are the Compaq servers. Oh... and I certainly wouldn't mind doing that either, I like working with network setups etc. I just wish that I had something similar here... too bad that I can't justify the costs for mutiple servers locally.

Alan
    Alan Ho

here is a video of them...hehehe
    Sorry, i had to take it down, lots of u people are eating up my bandwidth...lol

You guys took like 1.7gig of my transfer in 2 days...lol

Any ways...
    Last edited by mastwolf; 10-29-2002 at 02:50 PM.

Now .... the fun bit is ... imagen if ever single person wanted there server hard rebooted.... rackshack doesn't have apc rebooters.... you'd have to press the button on ever single server and make sure it boots up ok

I'd love to be playing with that hardware, but I might get camera shy with those webcams in my face

Seen anybody picking their nose yet?

No, but I've seen someone pull their tongue at the viewers, lol. They can't let HeadSurfer see that or they might not have a job tomorrow. Just a though... with all these web cams, do you think they're for us to watch them work or for HeadSurfer to keep an eye on his employees?

Alan
    Alan Ho

It must make for a rather crappy work environment.

Big brother is watching (and even worse, so is everybody at WHT)...

Thats cool. I saw someone fall before LOL I think the cameras are there for HeadSurfer though

Did anyone notice that someone is moving the camera? I have seen many different angles so far.

I wonder if they'll ever start offering webcams of peoples servers.

'You can now keep an eye on whether your server starts to smoke or not. Feel the excitement as you watch our techs puch your reset button. Get your webcam now for only $9.99 a month*'

* Setup fees apply. Price is excluding taxes.

I can remember there was a very big thread for communitech webcams, those guys got so famous they even made poster for wht members
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

LOL. That would be great. "Watch in pain and depression as you see how absolutely NO ONE will push the friggen button on your sever. And that your sever is AND WE QUOTE "SO CLOSE YET SO FAR" "

LOL

They can do alot in 7 minutes.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

They work fast..lol

The cameras are for our customers. It was I who was adjusting the angle so that you guys could see what was going on. We have about another 6 or 8 that we will be putting up in the DC.

You guys saw our crew assemble about 180 machines today in addition to adding drives and configuring about 50 HP servers. We has another crew of 4 who was only working on teh wiring cleanup and organizing the wiring. If you look at DC camera #4, you will see all the wires are now nice and proper. You can also see this update in DC Camera #5.

I've said it to them and I'll say it in public .. the crew at Rackshack is the best in the business and did an excellent Job today. Particular KUDOS to Patrick who works 10-12 hour days during the week who was able to come in and help with the assembly today.

I was also able to help out today but they would only let me unbox motherboards to take out trash .. jobs for which I hold teh proper qualifications.

Robert
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

the guys are wearing casuals. that's cool, I guess, d.c. guys don't have dressing rules, unlike sales guys. Looks like holiday atmosphere in d.c.

also the guy with black hat just passed away from my cam

i couldn't see his face though

was he HS
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Originally posted by headsurfer

I was also able to help out today but they would only let me unbox motherboards to take out trash .. jobs for which I hold teh proper qualifications.
    CEO getting told what he can't do by an employee... and actually paying attention

Anyhow... I was watching it... you guys were quite quick... but on one of the cams.. the switch looks like its about to fall of the top

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast