* www.domain.com/~username bandwidth monitoring???

Ok everyone help me on this one... It seem's as if some people are using other people's bandwidth by going to http://www.somedomain.com/~thereusername and linking downloads off of that. Does cpanel count that as bandwidth usage of the domain it is on, or bandwidth usage of the actual username being accessed? This is a HUGE exploit issue, and need's to be fixed if it does count the domain there on as the account to apply bw usage to.

EVERYONE help me get this one solved ASAP, as this is a problem for every cpanel/whm user out, so please help me here .

Cpanel counts that as the bandwidth usage on that domain.

Let me note if it's clear: This is with CPANEL.

Originally posted by HostRiot
    Cpanel counts that as the bandwidth usage on that domain.
    Ok that's what I'm thinking, any clearfication on this or any other opinions, on this. This is a HUGE problem that need's to be addressed and FIXED FAST.

*SERIOUS* issue people, where is everyone we need to find out what is going on fast, and how to solve it...

Am I the first, ane only to discover this? Let me do some searches, as this is just crazy...

Ok, myself and ChickenSteak have figured out that there is a huge exploit in cpanel.

I hope they can fix this quickly.

;o) it need's to be fixed before anyone else end's up with bandwidth bills because of this.

that's why the first domain on all my boxes is a dummy one
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Re: www.domain.com/~username bandwidth monitoring???

Originally posted by ChickenSteak

EVERYONE help me get this one solved ASAP, as this is a problem for every cpanel/whm user out, so please help me here .
    Have you notified the developer's of CPanel yet?

Jedito, it has nothing to do with the first domain, lol are you sure you replyed to the correct thread?

Here are some examples:
    www.favoriteweddingmemories.com/~rackeasy
    www.rackeasy.com/~morgan
    www.lanaddict.com/~rackeasy ( which is morgan )

It is all connected every single domain on the shared ip is connected and can be viewed as /~ which is why this is so dangerous...

Re: Re: www.domain.com/~username bandwidth monitoring???

Originally posted by uuallan

Have you notified the developer's of CPanel yet?
    Yes, I have emailed Nick and sent this issue into bugzilla.

Re: Re: Re: www.domain.com/~username bandwidth monitoring???

Yes, I have emailed Nick and sent this issue into bugzilla.
    Then why are you asking people on this board to solve it? That would fall under the realm of the CPanel developers.

Correct although other people should be notifyed. Also other people may have a "fix" for it, among other reasons .

Jedito, it has nothing to do with the first domain, lol are you sure you replyed to the correct thread?

Here are some examples:
    www.favoriteweddingmemories.com/~rackeasy
    www.rackeasy.com/~morgan
    www.lanaddict.com/~rackeasy ( which is morgan )

It is all connected every single domain on the shared ip is connected and can be viewed as /~ which is why this is so dangerous...
    Ohh, I misunderstood the problem, sorry
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

It's all good .

ChickenSteak, try turning on hotlink protection, should be helpful..

Miha.