advertising - we should help each other

This is just my thought...

We all have our own hosting business's but we are all in different areas. We should collaborate on our local advertising ideas. Take cold calls - you have a phone conversation script that seems to work well? What about flyers? Ways to advertise? Post ideas here...

Im just talking about local advertising here, because that territory is unique to each of us. We arent threatening each other for biz there...

waht about the hosts that are in the same area? or targeted to the same audience?

Why? If you're a competitor, why should I help you to get potential customers when they can go with us?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Vriley, Your best advertising is going to come from referrals from current customers. Make sure your clients know you are looking for more business. Give them a discount for a referral, send them your promotional material to give to their friends, start a helpful opt-in email for your clients and potentials, carry your business cards with you always, you never know who you will run into around town...

Maureen

k

I do all that already.

Im only a competitor on the web, im talking local stuff. If youre in the same area then thats different, but even still I would think you would want all the help you could get. The hosting biz is expected to grow 40% in the next year or 2 I read somewhere, how many thousands of people you think are resellers? How many of em frequent this board? I doubt all of em, i doubt even a small percentage.

Anyways, I didnt ask you to come in my thread and argue that point, I asked you to come in and be helpful.

I would be interested in link exchanges to help our search engine positions.
    LNXPS - C# XPS Library

The Sun Bingo -

Web hosting can be a territory independent business ... someone in NY can sign up for a hosting firm in WA ... it doesn't really matter where the host is unless you only want a local firm to host your site.

So any form of cooperation based on territory distinction may not work out ... hmmmm
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

he said *local* ads
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Exactly ... because hosting is rather territorial independent ... basically Host A based in NY and Host B based in WA are in the same market with the same "territory" ... so there's little 'unique' territory to start with.

Very hard to start a web hosting company if you ask me. Lots of competition and a lot of people won't tell you how to get clients, because they want the clients them selves!
    Kaumil P.

kaumil,

you already have a lot of clients, 5000 if im not mistaken <vbg>. perhaps you could share some tips with us?

cheers,
    paul

omg

5000 clients lol - im drooling....

vriley,

that was a joke, read the respective thread regarding this.

paul

lol

I was gonna say...

Could ya imagine that tho - lol

"Very hard to start a web hosting company if you ask me. "

Obviously wasn't very hard for you.

Obviously it wasn't. Learn yourself. Want to be rude, and saracastic? It's amazing how much losers this board has got. Once the office has been constructed, and finished... I will post pictures of our suite, and I urge Torontonians to come down and pay a visit.

Maybe then you'll believe me? Who knows.
    Kaumil P.

LOL let's chill off ...

Just list places.

Just list places you have advertised. Cheap banner ads tend to work pretty good.

Unsold ad space. Works ok too.
    OFS Hosting.
    Reseller and Hosting Services
    A new Horizon in Hosting.
    Http://www.OFSHosting.com

Marketing to sites that "NEED" sites helps also
    Kaumil P.