Thread: Sight design

Site design

I would appreciate any input into my site design, layout, etc.

Thanks,
    Rob
    www.srlnet.com
    Last edited by erobs; 10-26-2002 at 02:11 AM.

Well the ability for the human species to be able to see is quite remarkable so I would have to say without a shadow of a doubt that your sight design is an amazing thing.

Your web site now, it's quite nice also. It's different, and has a nice light flare.

I would say that your sight's design is way more remarkeable than your site's design.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

My suggestions:

- Add more spacing between your slogan and both navigation bars. Possibly increase the text of the sub-nav as well.

- The introduction text is in Times New Roman, have it changed to match the rest of the page.

- I think the copyright text would look better if it were aligned to the right, and pushed over to where the computer image ends. (And along with that, the dotted image bar).

- Maybe you could bring the entire layout to the exact center of the screen (both vertically and horizontally), and add a black or blue border to it. (I don't like how the layout just cuts off on the right, doesn't look so appealing IMO..)

* my thoughts

Okay heres my thoughts:

+ Try keeping One font throughout the whole sight, it keeps a sort of style throughout the whole site

+ The top is slightly too cluttered

Also, it's site design. Not sight design.

I would recommend having the price infrastructure on the plan details page.

I would also probably changing the "FAQ" navigation text to "FAQ/Forums". Or something to that degree, since many customers look forward to going to a forum for help.

Thanks for the insight on my Site Design.

Rob
    Best Regards,
    Secure Reliable Low Cost Hosting Solutions
    http://SRLHosting.com

The bottom lines of: Terms of service..... and the Apache to Frontpage images need to be centered with the template above it, not the browser window.

I would disagree with sticking to only one font though, as it gives the site a "Plain Jane" look (if done correctly, 3 different fonts can really dress up a site without extra bandwidth). The site looks good, but it doesn't stand out -- and standing out is very important as customers have to remember what *your* service is selling among the sea of other web host sites.

It needs some dressing up (eye appeal) and it'll be more professional looking.

Chris