addaction.net is simply too good :).

Well I just ran over my 5 database limit. I contacted addaction.net and asked them how much more would be. Addaction seemed to be very pleased with me being as a customer so they gave me another 5 more free databases. These guys have had a GREAT uptime and EXCELLENT support. The first 6 months being free has also been great. I've been there long enough and I must say I recommend them...not just for their cheap price but also for their excellent service they have showed me. I have two other sites and I'm seriously thinking about moving that site also over to addaction.net. I like getting little freebie extras as you can tell .

Good to hear
    Have you Floble'd today?

Originally posted by OtakuVillage
    I have two other sites and I'm seriously thinking about moving that site also over to addaction.net.
    If they are so good and all that, why are you still "seriously thinking" about moving your other sites over to them? Are they not as good as your current host or would it cost you more to move them? Just curious.

I find their webspace and bandwidth limits kinda low for the price.

It's called money? Saving up you know? Called SMART CONSUMER? Any terms ring a bell hear? Don't rush anything? I got my paycheck and will be moving a few more sites over as we speak. You may find their price "kinda expensive" but that's why their service support is better than somebody charging two dollars for the same price (I even doubt those type of companies will be alive within a year ). I was seriously thinking about it because I was debating how long the move of all my files and such would take me. Moving is a pain but if you find a better company than your previous one, it is usually worth the few hours of moving.
    Global Professional Network - The Network You Can Rely On.
    http://www.globalpronetwork.com

Originally posted by Curtis H.

I find their webspace and bandwidth limits kinda low for the price.
    12 months ago before all these Rackshack and Cogent only based hosts appeared that sort of pricing was right on the money for the most part. It's not so much that they're expensive, but rather that the bottom fell out of the market (didn't check into their network to see where they are btw).

You should probably also weigh up the mention that when he asked, this person had their databases doubled for nothing.

When you go with a webhost that costs a few extra dollars a month, you'll often find they have the ability to accomodate you a lot more than these other guys making next to no profit to drive up their numbers.

I'm pretty happy with the growth of positive reviews on this forum again finally - at least the genuine ones at any rate. The last few months here has been like two wet cats in a sack trying to claw each others eyes out sometimes

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Called SMART CONSUMER?
    Guess I looked a little harder because I have two great hosts that offer more for less who provide great support (though I rarely need it) and uptime. Anyhow, if your happy, that's all that matters. Good luck.

Originally posted by akashik
    You should probably also weigh up the mention that when he asked, this person had their databases doubled for nothing.
    I agree that was a nice "perk" which is a good way to keep a customer happy but is this the "norm?" Also, would you do that for a client Greg?

Originally posted by akashik
    I'm pretty happy with the growth of positive reviews on this forum again finally - at least the genuine ones at any rate.
    I agree with you on this one.

Originally posted by Curtis H.

I agree that was a nice "perk" which is a good way to keep a customer happy but is this the "norm?" Also, would you do that for a client Greg?
    Actually yes we have on occasion. Space, mailing lists, databases, e-mail addresses, and even transfer here and there. A few days ago we quietly increased every plan we have without charge.

I don't think there would be too many hosts here that price realistically, that don't accomodate customers when asked (within reason of course)

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Yes but addaction has been in business for 4 years doing design/hosting. Does your host have the experience? I look for experience/price/support when I check out other hosting companies. I used to look at just the cheapest prices before and well most of my companies went out of business. All had great support and the price was cheap, but what they lacked was experience and hence they went out of business because they didn't know how to manage their money. I'm not bashing your host or anything, you may be just as pleased with it as I am with addaction, but if your host has not had over one year or even six months of experience, how can you judge it? That's like judging a book by its cover...

Thank you for wishing me good luck and I wish you luck as well .
    Global Professional Network - The Network You Can Rely On.
    http://www.globalpronetwork.com

I'm not bashing your host or anything, you may be just as pleased with it as I am with addaction, but if your host has not had over one year or even six months of experience, how can you judge it? That's like judging a book by its cover...
    As I mentioned before, I currently use two paid hosting providers.

I didn't want to drop names but I will.

F5hosting.com (been with them for about 1.5 years)
    Myacen.com

Before that, I was with Powersurge.net for 2.5 years until I needed more space and bandwidth or I would be with them today.

So I do understand what your saying. There are hosts who oversell at cheap prices. None of these hosts do that in my book.