Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Logo design needed

New guidance, Sat Oct 26 8pm:
    I really like the concept of not just "fast" like the cheetah suggesion, but also the "servers" part of "servers on demand" with something like that server coming in on wheels... but there's only been one like that submitted... I'd really like to see some more like that to choose from or like a bunch of servers lined up waiting to go (with your cool slants on it)... anything along those lines would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone who has been able to submit something! I'm really enjoying seeing what the "Servers On Demand" concept means to people from different angles.

I am launching a new website design in the next week and would like to spruce up the logo just slightly whilst keeping it professional. The company is named SOD - "s-o-d" not "sod" - and the acronym is for Servers On Demand. Thus, I'm looking for something that looks "Fast", "To the Point", and "On Demand".

Anyone with any designs, please post logo here. I will look at many of them before I pick one. I'm looking to pay something in the neighborhood of $30 for the one I like best. I may not necessarily pick any of them if nothing I like better than the simple one I have.

You may include the simple SOD already had in the logo and design something around it, or you may change the SOD font as much as you want... also, it may say "Servers On Demand" or "Servers On Demand, LLC" instead of "SOD", or it may say both. Please post your logo ideas here or PM them to me.

Forgot to mention: Please keep it in the colors white and 003366... or combinations that are close to that.

Hi I've edited this some more... I'm looking for something that incorporates the actual writing I already have (I realize it's very simple) and has something above or below or around it. It also has to fit in a space that is width=100 height=60 (can be smaller). No "Servers On Demand" anymore in the logo, just the SOD that is already there (or if you have to change the font, go ahead but I PROBABLY won't like it as much with the web design I'm working on). Just the SOD with something that looks very FAST. Your version doesn't have to be as small as 100x60, just keep in mind that I'll be reducing it to that including the existing worded logo to see if it works.

Thanks to everyone taking the time to see what "On Demand" means to them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d.gif  
    Last edited by op@SOD.NET; 10-26-2002 at 07:54 PM.

This is a simple logo, tell me if I'm on the right track or if you are looking for a totally different looking logo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails logo.gif  
    Ricky Lipe
    Just Thinking About U • Because sometimes... you just can't help thinking about them.
    I Forgot 2 Tell You • Because there is always at least one thing you forgot to tell them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sod.gif  

Under LLC rules, your company can only be addressed as Servers On Demand, LLC (L.L.C., LLC, Limited Liability Corporation), or it isn't the name of your company.

Or at least thats what it is in California.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

here is the logo designed by me
    hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sodlogo.gif  
    http://www.adwis.net

Nice Logo Adwis

thank you GloballyNone
    http://www.adwis.net

Hello... here is my sample logo. Let me know if there are any changes I should make. Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sodlogo.jpg  

Heres my try...I can change the format of it around and background.. Just want to see what you think of this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sodlogo.gif  

here ya go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sod.jpg  

Lightbulb Alright, here is a change...

Looking at the samples so far, they are not bad at all, just perhaps not what I am looking for as I think about it more. What I really need, I think, is to keep the letters exactly as they are in that font (cut-and-paste if you like) and then some sort of design above or below or around it... I really don't know exactly what. Something blue (003366) on a white background preferably. Like a crest or a wreath or a seal or something that looks fast... if that makes any sense (probably not).

Something in my head right now is a cheetah...... not that anyone can probably draw a good cheetah(!!) But it would demonstrate "on demand" I think. If someone can make a great looking cheetah head or running cheetah logo (not animated, but a cheetah with legs spread out)... or if anyone has any links, etc. to that kind of work it'd be appreciated.

Thanks for everything so far, guys! I've enjoyed seeing the different designs... each is so different and interesting. It's fun to see other people's impression of a concept. I'm thinking now of the "On Demand" concept... fast like a cheetah or ball lightning or a marlin, etc.

(The LLC thing -- to answer a question, an LLC in any state can have a logo that doesn't include the "LLC" or "Limited" in it... for instance, the IBM logo says "IBM" and not "International Business Machines, Inc." ...... you may be thinking of the legal terms or copyright notice?)

Hi I've edited this some more and I'll put this in the first post too... I'm looking for something that incorporates the actual writing I already have (I realize it's very simple) and has something above or below or around it. It also has to fit in a space that is width=100 height=60 (can be smaller). No "Servers On Demand" anymore in the logo, just the SOD that is already there (or if you have to change the font, go ahead but I PROBABLY won't like it as much with the web design I'm working on). Just the SOD with something that looks very FAST.
    Last edited by op@SOD.NET; 10-26-2002 at 09:58 AM.

Here is another try at it using a cheetah.

I may re-position the back legs. Just want to see what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sodlogo2.gif  

White Background, Blue Text, and a pretty Cheetah.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails logo2.gif  
    Ricky Lipe
    Just Thinking About U • Because sometimes... you just can't help thinking about them.
    I Forgot 2 Tell You • Because there is always at least one thing you forgot to tell them.

Lemme try this again...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sodlogo2.jpg  

ill have a go now
    FastRack Hosting - HTTP://WWW.FASTRACK-HOST.COM
    SUPPORT@FASTRACK-HOST.COM

Here is my entry please let me know what ya want editing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails servers_on_demand.jpg  
    FastRack Hosting - HTTP://WWW.FASTRACK-HOST.COM
    SUPPORT@FASTRACK-HOST.COM

here's a couple with lightning.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled-1 copy.gif  

and 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled-2 copy.gif  

Exclamation So far...

So far my favorites are the ones by CClub, mindscribble, and HaloService... I like the creativity I'm seeing from everyone. But keep giving ideas folks. Remember, what I'm looking for now is something keeping the original letters and just something above or below or around it that compliments it. And no "Servers On Demand" now please, just the SOD part already there and then something else near it that makes it look "fast".

Guidance of what to do

Some guidance: here is one submitted by CClub that would meet the requirements I am now looking for upon further contemplation. I altered it just slightly from what was submitted to show what I am looking for now. This design will not necessarily win as I would like to see some more ideas out of people's creative heads, but I'd like something that keeps the original lettering and looks good fairly small, like this. This is an example of what to do (can be above or below or around original logo). Keep up the good creativity, guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d.gif  

Is this ok, without the cheetah?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sod1.gif  
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog

More guidance...

The cheetah isn't necessary... just looking for what "On Demand" means to you.

I like that Jeffreyw... I'm looking for a specific format however, so here is some more guidance to others... this is your design modified to fit my site design. I'm not sure I'm down with the color of the server, but it may be growing on me. I like your idea of what "Servers On Demand" means to you.

This and the earlier guidance I gave using CClub's logo are the kind of thing I am looking for. Good work, fellas (and everyone who has submitted -- you are all very good!) Please keep 'em coming!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d2.gif  

Lightbulb More guidance...

You can incorporate the text logo into the design instead of putting the design around, to the side, or below the text. To do this though, please use Arial font, only the O boldfaced, and sized about 28 to 32. To me, that is the most readable font, and is simple yet professional (I know I probably have simple tastes compared to more creative folks).

Well heres another go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sodlogo3.gif  

removed.
    Last edited by ReDeeMeR; 10-27-2002 at 04:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast