Accepting VISA, etc

Hi,

As I previously said in a thread I have just signed up for a new account with www.adjkdesign.com. I think I am going to pick up their pay per plan solution.

Now, I wanted to know from you guys, what is the best way to accept VISA , etc online ?

I mean, I am COMPLETELY new in the business, I have seen that almost every merchant account solutions require a VISA card to signup , however I do not have one yet and I have no way o get one because I am simply a web designer , and this is my hobby, just want to give my clients the opportunity to get hosted at the same place....

Is there any merchant account that I can sign up only with my account number or something ? I do not care if there are setup fees

Please help me

Have you considered getting paypal account? You can accept credit card payment through a business paypal account.

Other than that, there are also other payment solutions available. You can check out www.2checkout.com or seach the forum archive.

Peter

Yes but they require a credit card too.......and to get one on my country is really expensive for someone that is just starting the business......

As I said I am just a web designer and want to give it a try... If it works I will improve the thing, if not I will close it.

I have been at paypal, they ask always my CC , and so does 2checkout.

I try to contact paypal staff but they are NEVER available. Already tried 3 times. Their form fails and their email sends an autoresponder saying to use the form.....whatever....

But I got some friends that tould me that it is possible to have a payment solution without a CC, however I cannot find any...

The reason why a credit card is required is because the payment gateway wants to protect itself. (e.g. you accepted payment but do not deliver service/product, the payment gateway will suffer a chargeback). That's why a credit history is required.

You may want to ask friends of your to see if they can accept credit card payment for you. (it isn't perfect, but if you don't want to search longer, this is the best way).

Peter

Yeah....... it is a big trouble.

I know that maestro card will be now accepted online, maybe when it gets accepted i can singup.

I will continue the search, I do not like to ask favors to others, also you get dependent on them, that is not good.

Thanks a lot

Originally posted by Maky
    Yeah....... it is a big trouble.

I know that maestro card will be now accepted online, maybe when it gets accepted i can singup.

I will continue the search, I do not like to ask favors to others, also you get dependent on them, that is not good.

Thanks a lot
    Actually, normal Maestro cards are not accepted on-line and won't ever be. In order to pay by using your Maestro card on the Internet you need to get a special online Maestro card which is basically virtually unavailable at the moment because hardly any banks know about that card type.
    If you ask the 3rd party processor of your choice (be it 2checkout or whoever) about an alternative payment option I'm quite sure that you can pay by check at most places as well. It's probably worth asking
    321Host-It Internet Services
    http://www.321host-it.com

Well, let me tell you that in Europe, every bank has either Maestro or Cirrus. That is our standard card.... also Visa Electron.

But I know , maybe you are right, USA is different. Thanks for your advice, I will follow it.

Actually, I was referring to Europe

I was just trying to state that the normal Maestro or Cirrus cards will not work on the Internet. You need a special card for Internet transactions. You can read more about this here.
    321Host-It Internet Services
    http://www.321host-it.com

Maky,
    You could try www.hostcharge.com last time I looked a cc was not required but a bank account/ cheque account was.

Thanks, Goldwing . I will check it right now.

:: How many credit cards can I accept?
    With HostCharge you can accept 16 different credit cards which are as follows:

- E-Carte Bleue
    - Eurocard
    - Mastercard
    - Eurocard/Mastercard
    - Gold Mastercard
    - American Express
    - Darty American Express
    - JCB
    - Carte Bleue
    - Carte Bleue Affaires
    - Visa
    - Visa Premier
    - Visa International
    - Visa Electron
    - Maestro
    - Diner's Club

I already sent an email to them , the signups are closed until November. They are the first service that accepts such cards, which is awesome.

Maky,

Check out the forums on the hostcharge site, they have been having some problems but I think it is partly due to the demand.

You could also try www.worldpay.com a bit expensive but usually quite good with new startups and again I seem to remember signing up without a cc.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Yes I know about worldpay, already contacted them and everything is ok , however the price is not a big deal to a starter like me