Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deleted

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:16 AM.

Just to clarify for everyone. Grandad means that he wants the logo to fit in a square or a circle. So your canvasses should be of same length and width. That is none of your 180x40px logos

Grandad, can you specify how you intend to pay the designer?

Auroa Group can provide a logo for you at the cost of $45 which was a special we posted a few days back here on WHT. We provide a 100% Satisfaction guarantee on all our design services. We also do not use pre-made logo templete all our designs are hand drawn. We also do not re-sell any logo to any other company. For the $45 you would get your logo in 2 versions a .tiff which would be used if you were to go to a printer to get bussiness cards made or letterhead we will also give you a .jpg version for web/computer use. We also will make as many revisions as needed to get the design to your satisfaction. We are re-modeling our site design but a few of our logos can be seen at http://www.auroagroup.com/portfolio.html if you need to see more I can provide other logo screen shots. if interested e-mail [email protected]

I'm gonna have a got at this, but what sum are you looking for here?

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:15 AM.

Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

Here is a simple example:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abclogo.jpg  

Ok I'm gonna submit some to you with my price

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:15 AM.

Hi Grandad, for $25.00
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abc1.gif  
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

attempt #1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abcsecurity.gif  
    Jon Drew
    Synax Solutions Inc.
    info @ ssinc.bz

$30
    this might be pretty big, but I can easily shrink it. It's better if it's created big and shrink instead of small and expand big. I also tried to use your colours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abcsecurity.gif  

size 3000x3000, resolution 300 dpi - print friendly

plz comment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abc.gif  

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:14 AM.

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:13 AM.

It is sort of a seal symbol, futuristic you could say

Updated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abc2.gif  

Changed the position of the seal and colors as I couldnt stand that blue any more

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abc3.gif  

Originally posted by grandad
    AdidasROXX

Now that's more like it - conveys the "security" idea.
    Of course if you choose me, I will work until you are pleased with it. That logo is just a start.

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:13 AM.

need comments on what you like and what not, ideas etc

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:12 AM.

I just dont think anyone here wants to work load of designs and then not be chosen.

Btw If you can do it yourself then nothing stops you from just taking idea and runing away.

Just a thought

Re: Logo design wanted.

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:12 AM.

Oh, I am still interested. I'll try to post more options later.

option #2

I think what Redeemer meant is that designers may not want to design like 5 different logos and then you choose someone else instead. I'm pretty sure most of us know that this is a honest request.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abcsecurity2.gif  

Yeah it's not like I'm saying 'hey that guy's a ripper' laws on the net are without punishment, on the other hand I might trace the IP and then bash in each forum, but nm my point is that if you could comment each work ie what you like and what not so that we could get there faster without wasting time, it would make better results for both.

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:11 AM.

lol, see what I mean?

i was gonan say the same thing

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:10 AM.

Gesssshhhhhhhhhh

Hi!

I can understand the disappointments going on. And I am sorry if this has to end this way. Well, what could have been done is you set a definite amount you are WILLING to pay say $75 and deposit that prize money to Softwarevue (yea, the deposit is effective). Once it has been done, I am sure that designers start to get MORE serious about the designing process.

If you want, you can conduct the contest again considering my suggestion. But, if you decide otherwise, it is your decision and I respect it. Too bad though because the designers may have been expecting you to pick one design and deliver the needed reward.

But, I hope you do understand how designers feel. There are already a lot of "scam" contests going on lately in this forum.
    So, I guess that explains the "See what I mean".

At any rate, I wish you good luck!

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:10 AM.

Hi!

Softwarevue is a member of WHT. He is one of the senior members here. (Sorry if that reveals your age Dennis!) And I believe he can be trusted with your prize money. Just PM him if you need anything.

It is good to know that you have started with a professional company on your logo. But, I do believe you may want to try this forum one more time. Who knows? You may be able to get the logo you want.

Again, good luck with the business.

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

Originally posted by grandad
    Thank you - I don't know anything about Softwarereview and a quick Google check didn't reveal anything - however it seems a good idea provided a suitable deal could be reached.
    At present I have the matter of the design with a professional company and am waiting to see what $150 will buy me - shame people here didn't want to make the effort to get my business - no excuses - their loss!
    If you run a contest like this, it might be better to not say "I might not pick one, but put hours and hours of work into it." You would produce better results by saying that you would have paid up to $150 and you would chose a logo provided or work one on one with one of the people who submitted something that caught your eye. Consul also gave you great ideas, good luck with your logo.

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:09 AM.

One would think that with over 300 post on WHT, you would have a better understanding of how things naturally work on here. The suggestions that have been giving you are good ones, but its up to you to do as you see fit, ultimately.

<deleted>
    Last edited by grandad; 10-29-2002 at 03:09 AM.

So just drop it, then... I only pointed out the obvious (of which you are not soaking in).

Generally when people post a contest, the prize is also listed, along with a detailed description of what they are looking for in the design. It's not atall strange that a designer may ask for you to elaborate (or critique their work) as they are not able to read your mind, as easily as you know everything. If your gullable enough to consider paying 150 for a 10 dollar logo, thats your problem.

Not accepting a design that does not fit the bill, should go without saying.

If you've moved on, why continue hashing it over and over again? FGS

Oh yeah, if you take the time to look at other logo contest you'd notice that some of them are 150 dollar logos that went for far less. You might of also realized a better approach to your little contest, then again... probably not though!

G'day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast