Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

senator wellstone

cnn

he was a damn good senator
    Last edited by appletreats; 10-25-2002 at 04:35 PM.

I was just reading that
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

My condolences go out to their families. This really is sad.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Very, sad

A senator that actually had something to offer, quite a loss.

quite a loss for the family and the country.

Yes, sad news. I've actually met the Senator a couple of times, as I've done work for different campaigns and related political organizations. In fact, earlier this week I spoke to some friends who have been working on fundraising for this campaign, and were making plans to travel to Minneapolis attend his victory party after the election.

I've had occasion to meet more than a few politicians, both well-known and obscure and from both the major parties (and others), but have met very few who've impressed me as being as sincere, straightforward, and honest as has Paul Wellstone.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

The other very sad thing, as local news had reported it, he was flying to attend a funeral.

Originally posted by AceWeb
    The other very sad thing, as local news had reported it, he was flying to attend a funeral.
    -Mooneer

Originally posted by mind21_98

"Wellstone was on his way to the funeral of the father of a state lawmaker." - CBS News

I live in MN and although I didn't agree with Sen. Wellstone's political views I always admired him for sticking to his beliefs no matter what. It is a sad day not only for Minnesota but the country.

sad...he a demo rep. or in?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

democrat

wowa the senate might go back to a 50/50 split wohoooo!!!!
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by interactive
    It wouldn't actually be a 50/50 split. Vice President Cheney would issue any tie-breaking votes, tipping the balance toward the Republicans.
    -Mooneer

Originally posted by mind21_98

It wouldn't actually be a 50/50 split. Vice President Cheney would issue any tie-breaking votes, tipping the balance toward the Republicans.
    close enough!!!
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by interactive
    You frighten me interactive. First, a man died. He died. Not only him, but his wife, daughter, 3 staffers and 2 pilots. They all died.

And you're cheering...

And then you're uninformed. MN Gov. Jesse Ventura (you may be confused, the governor is someone who leads the state. Kind of like the president of a country) appoints someone to take Wellstone's place until the Senate session is over this January (I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong). Ventura will no doubt appoint a Democrat to take Wellstone's seat, thereby maintaining the 50/49 Democrat majority.

Please excuss me, but you are a disgusting, vile human being to be cheering at someone’s death, especially the death of someone so respected and revered as Wellstone.
    Last edited by Dogma; 10-26-2002 at 10:06 PM.
    Colin

Had it been a republican who died, I know several liberals who would be dancing in the streets. So, back off Dogma.

Wellstone was known as one of the most liberal members of the senate. He has even been refered to as "Senator Welfare".

I do not rejoice in the death of anyone. That's not the point I'm making. When you care about your country and the path it has been taking....... I'll leave it at that.
    Feelings are not tools for rational thought.

Originally posted by Lamont
    Had it been a republican who died, I know several liberals who would be dancing in the streets. So, back off Dogma.
    What kind of insane logic is that? If I were to kill someone I would still be condemned even though a conservative might kill someone the next day. It's wrong. It doesn't depend who did it. That's like saying it's okay for Noelle Bush to smoke crack just 'cause her Uncle Dubya got away with it. It just doesn't make sense!

I would yell at a liberal dancing about Helms just as I did here. We liberals are a kind folk. We would wait at least a few days for heavens sake .
    Wellstone was known as one of the most liberal members of the senate. He has even been refered to as "Senator Welfare".
    Woo-hoo! I'm dancing in the streets for that.
    I do not rejoice in the death of anyone.
    Good, You have respect and a sense of dignity not seen in all members of this forum.
    That's not the point I'm making. When you care about your country and the path it has been taking....... I'll leave it at that.
    Don't worry, it's taking a conservative path. You can thank us New Demcrats (or as I like to call them, No Backbone Democrats). They're pretty much letting Bush get his way, even letting us have that wonderful tax cut that's really helping our economy right now...
    Last edited by Dogma; 10-26-2002 at 10:07 PM.
    Colin

Regardless of the politics involved, I also found the celebratory "wohoooo!!!!" in reaction the deaths of eight people to be somewhat disturbing.

But then I usually feel something along those lines every time I see rah-rah cheering about either of the political parties, as if they were the local sports team.
    Last edited by JayC; 10-26-2002 at 10:02 PM.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Colin

I wasn't cheering over the lose of life..I have sympathy for whoever was involved I was just cheering that the senate would be split again!
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by Dogma

Don't worry, it's taking a conservative path. You can thank us New Demcrats (or as I like to call them, No Backbone Democrats). They're pretty much letting Bush get his way, even letting us have that wonderful tax cut that's really helping our economy right now...
    those same democrats who dont want bushs tax cut to go through in colorado have taken the $1.5 bil the got for the fires and put it into the state budget...instead of helping out the people...it goes both ways
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

You frighten me interactive. First, a man died. He died. Not only him, but his wife, daughter, 3 staffers and 2 pilots. They all died.

And you're cheering...

And then you're uninformed. MN Gov. Jesse Ventura (you may be confused, the governor is someone who leads the state. Kind of like the president of a country) appoints someone to take Wellstone's place until the Senate session is over this January (I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong). Ventura will no doubt appoint a Democrat to take Wellstone's seat, thereby maintaining the 50/49 Democrat majority.

Please excuss me, but you are a disgusting, vile human being to be cheering at someone’s death, especially the death of someone so respected and revered as Wellstone.
    excuse meh! but jesse ventura is actually independent...so its kinda a toss up....and like mind said...for now cheney fills in till jesse choses...so if your gunna try to make a fool of me dont make a fool of yourself in the process (makes you look like a fool you see)?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

What kind of insane logic is that? If I were to kill someone I would still be condemned even though a conservative might kill someone the next day. It's wrong. It doesn't depend who did it.
    I don't know where that came from. I didn't say anything about killing anyone.
    That's like saying it's okay for Noelle Bush to smoke crack just 'cause her Uncle Dubya got away with it. It just doesn't make sense!
    Or, getting a hummer in the Oval Office. But, here again, does not have anything to do with what I said.
    They're pretty much letting Bush get his way, even letting us have that wonderful tax cut that's really helping our economy right now...
    You obviously have no understanding of economics.

The government is not on the right track. Given time it will fail. I'm just waiting for the revolution to begin. I'll be on the front lines. But, that's a discussion for another day. (OOPS, there's 2 FBI lookin' dudes at my door. Gotta go.)
    Feelings are not tools for rational thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast