Rackshack Server Availability

Due to recent events, I have been getting substantial email requesting more $99 servers.

We worked late into the evening with our suppliers arranging delivery of components to build approximately 250 of these servers. Most of theparts have arrived except the cases. We flew a Rackshack employee to the suppliers undisclosed location to pickup the product with a Uhaul and bring it back to Houston. At last report, the truck was about 200 miles out in heavy rain. We expect the cases by 7 PM tonite.

We'll be working early Saturday morning assebling machines and will also have a crew working overnight duplicating drives.

The Celeron will be redhat with Ensim priced at $99/monthly including a 60 GB HD and 512 memory. The Celerons will have a guaranteed minimum processor speed of 1.3 GHZ. The $1 setup fee will continue until month end.

This is a strickly limited availability of about 250 servers.

www.rackshack.net

You can check out our staff through our webcams, including 2 that we added yesterday.

Robert
    Last edited by headsurfer; 10-25-2002 at 04:06 PM.
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

Can you provide WHM/CPanel?

John

Very cool on the webcams
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

nogi, Rackshack don't do CPanel/WHM servers. If you want to use that control panel, you could wait for plain RedHat Linux servers at the start of next month and then purchase a license for CPanel from an external company. Rackshack seem to be doing only Ensim servers right now, but Headsurfer said that new plain servers will be available at the start of November ... but they most likely won't have a $1 setup fee.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

Ok, thanks Alan

John

Just to clarify, the $1 setup promo ends at teh end of October. As always, that does not mean that it is gone forever as it has been successful in the past. We just need a little breathing room after such a big month.

For those that don;t get Tier 1 research reports, Tier 1 ranked Rackshack as the largest dedicated web hosting company when ranked by number of servers as of just a week or so ago.

This month will have shown Rackshack to have added 1000 net new servers and now be at around 8500+ total dedicated servers.

Thanks to everyone for the business.

As for Cpanel, we will not be offering that product. I am sure that it is a very good solution, however it does not fit our business model at this time.
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

When will you be getting more servers with a dedicated 10mpbs connection?
    [SIZE=1]Main Rig: Leadtek nForce2 Ultra Delux | [email protected] | 512MB Corsair XMS3200 | GeForce Ti4200 [email protected]/610 | 2*120GB WD SE HD
    Shuttle Rig: Shuttle SN41G2B Black | [email protected] | 512MB Samsung PC2700 | ATi Radeon 8500 64MB | 120GB Seagate Barracuda V HD
    Total Gamer Network Network Founder

yes. more 10 mb deals will come in November. I you want Cpanel on a Rackshack server, you might want to contact <edit ho247>, as he has a thread offering such on a managed basis.
    Last edited by headsurfer; 10-27-2002 at 01:26 AM.
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

Just a correction on the username that HeadSurfer has mentioned in his last post, "ho207" should actually be "ho247". I'm not sure if I'm allowed to include a link to the thread, here it is anyway... "Managed Rackshack Server" (mods, if you're not happy about it, please remove it).

Alan
    Alan Ho

woops...hi

headsurfer,

are there any plans to introduce one-time fees for upgrades, specifically hdd and memory upgrades?

cheers,
    paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

are there any plans to introduce one-time fees for upgrades, specifically hdd and memory upgrades?
    I don't think Rackshack are thinking that... they require the monthly fees to pay for the cost of the memory and hard drives, but also the cost of maintaining them and replacing them in the future if they fail. This topic has been mentioned several times at the Rackshack forums, and the same answer seems to be no all the time.

Alan
    Alan Ho

the setup fees are supposed to pay for the cost of memory/hdd and the warranty (on the hdds at least) should cover the rare cases when they fail.

no offense to rs, im very happy with what im getting for my money on the one server that i have with them, but monthly fees for hw are sooo last century =]

[realizes he is hijacking the thread and apologizes]

cheers,
    paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Can you provide managed solution. And in unmanaged servers what services do you cover like hardware replacement and reboots etc.
    How much time do you take to respond to the tickets.

Can you provide managed solution.
    Rackshack is an unmanaged dedicated server provider, so they don't provide managed solutions to anyone.

And in unmanaged servers what services do you cover like hardware replacement and reboots etc.
    Yes, they take care of hardware replacecments and reboots. They generally look after the network... it's up to you to manage the server, the software side of things.

How much time do you take to respond to the tickets.
    It's usually within a few hours, or within 24 hours. If you're looking for customer services, then they make take slightly longer. I've not had any problems with their ticket system, they've improved it greatly over the last year.

Alan
    Alan Ho

Originally posted by ho247
    nogi, Rackshack don't do CPanel/WHM servers. Alan
    What about Plesk 5.0?

They previously offering Plesk with Dedicated Servers. Now I am looking for Plesk but didn't find.

Thanks.

Shikha

What about Plesk 5.0?

They previously offering Plesk with Dedicated Servers. Now I am looking for Plesk but didn't find.
    I've also noticed this... there's no Plesk servers listed at http://www.rackshack.net/all.asp anymore, so I assume they are not offering Plesk servers for the time being. Maybe until they can get a deal sorted out with Plesk on the upgrade of current servers to Plesk 5.0. Here's a post that I've just found by HeadSurfer:

We're working on it. It's like a zoo around here but the net of the situation is that we will not be deploying new Plesk servers. I have heard from a few customers that upgrades are available directly from Plesk in the $100 to $200 range.
    So it's true... no more Plesk servers. I guess it's because they can't get a good deal from Plesk. They had a Plesk server on offer in the bargin basement the other day, so if you keep an eye on there, you might be lucky.

Alan
    Alan Ho

Originally posted by ho247
    They had a Plesk server on offer in the bargin basement the other day, so if you keep an eye on there, you might be lucky.

Alan
    Sure. Thanks for reply.

Shikha

Plesk Out?!

I luv plesk, but I use ensim :-) I LOVE RACKSHACK :-)
    (not noting the problems I had on my subnet that were fixed by my provider ) Mr. Marsh You run a great company, I am honored that I host there
    -Max
    Max
    Web Hosting Talk Community Guide

What do the Russians coming have anything to do with the price of fish in China???

In other words this thread.

Anyway lets keep it on topic.

Kind regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

Well I was going to order...

You showed 5 available of P4 2GHz 1.5GB RAM with 2x 80GB drives no Ensim for $159. Clicked Order Now and went to the 2nd ordering page to select the server - it's not there. Called the 800 number, they guy said they weren't sure why they are showing up on the list as available. Only had Celeron's with 2 drives. Any idea when/if additional 80gb drives would be available as an option?
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

Why don't rackshack offers more bandwidth for less price, like $30 for additional 200 gb transfer ?? So sad they don't have 600 gb servers now, ago they got a p4 1.6, 600 gb transfer for $129 per month in june..

Well, they said it would happen.. RS setup pricing are switching back apparently. I have my order in waiting to be processed, but the box I want it in VERY limited supply (1 available!). I just heard back from Aaron - I'm locked in at $1 setup!
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant