Angry how long it takes to set up an account?

Dang, it's been 36 hours I've been waiting for my account setup hosting at www.towerhost.com. I still didn't get any email from them. What kinda host is this? I think usually it takes only 1 day or even half a day.

This is my first experience at www.towerhost.com. What will be next if I have some problem with my host? I know what I get is what I pay for.
    tL

Hi LVT,

Have you tried to contact them since you signed up?

Looks like they offer good support via Messaging.
    MSN Messenger: support*at*towerhost.com
    AIM: imtowersupport

Im sure its just a simple misunderstanding
    Last edited by Synwave; 10-25-2002 at 02:39 PM.

Hosts usually setup the account within hours, some can take up to 24 hours. If it takes longer then I would certainly e-mail them to see what's going on and why they haven't setup your account. Have they charged you already?

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

LVT, I know Steve from towerhost.com personally and can re-assure you that this is not a normal occurrance.

towerhost.com just went through a server change and have been VERY busy the past day or so. Please understand, and send off another email.

Jeff

Takes 20 minutes. Usually 12-24hrs for the domain to propogate.
    Kaumil P.

Well: look what I got the email this morning, now I still didn't get an account set up yet.

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:33:29 -0400

I apologize for the delay.
    Your account will be setup within the hour. I will notify you when the
    account is setup.

Thank you for your patience.

Steven Leggett
    [email protected]
    http://www.towerhost.com
    Tower Host - Hosting to Exceed

Man, this gotta be kidding me!
    tL

towerhost.com is
    tL

Originally posted by LVT
    towerhost.com is
    At least stay with them for a bit before saying they are bad. They may be going through a temporary problem and their services may be better than you expected

First impression is setting up an account QUIC. I mean nothing to do with the speed and stuffs of the host. Just a set-up! Com-on. I don't give a damn if I don't get my account set up in the next 12 hours. I'll find another host! There a million host out there!
    tL

Take a chill pill buddy!

Originally posted by LVT
    First impression is setting up an account QUIC. I mean nothing to do with the speed and stuffs of the host. Just a set-up! Com-on. I don't give a damn if I don't get my account set up in the next 12 hours. I'll find another host! There a million host out there!

Don't get me wrong here, I know you may be angry. But in my experience in hosting, there was one problem in setting up an account within 24 hours. The customer complained and everything, and when we had the account finally setup, here's an email we got an our mailbox: "Your servers are FAST! I love everything despite the first few problems. I am glad I made the right choice!"
    Wait a bit, and you will know for sure. Heck, what if the next host you choose turns out to be worse? The cycle continues...

I'm looking at RackShack host.
    tL

LVT, I'll tell you right now that I don't like you one bit. I wouldn't even host you if you were willing to pay $100 a month.

No need to be an impatient $&%... companies do run into slight problems sometimes, and most people understand... except a select few...

Take a damn pill.

Jeff

In general, if the company does not setup your account within 24 hours, it doesn't mean that their service stinks, but instead it's either:

a) they are having technical difficulties
    b) your information somehow got lost

Companies are not that stupid so that they would lose a client a day after he signed up.

Boris

LVT: You should consider this a plus point for Towerhost not a bad point.

I'm sure Steve could have set you up quicker by putting you on an already packed server doing you (and the other customers) no favours at all.

Instead he decided to move some accounts around to provide a better service to all (including you).

Now, with a little patience, you get an account thats not fighting for resources with loads of others. What does this tell you about your future with Towerhost?
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Well, I got it set up. Thank you! Thanks for the point out guys! BTW, I still got some problem viewing page (http://www.towerhost.com/~thuyla). 404. Don't know why. Oh well, I emailed the problem. I have no ideas what happens to the page. My bro computer can view it, but I and my friends can't. Hope it will be fixed soon. Do you?
    tL