the best cpanel dedicated server

Hello I would just like to know what is the best dedicated server company with cpanel.

important craterias are:

price ( hopfully below $150)
    high badnwdith (at least 300 GB)
    Disk space (at least 40 GB)
    And great uptime (hopfully multi homed)
    Last edited by sharkman; 10-25-2002 at 01:02 PM.

rackshack's 99 $server + external licence (50-65$) or nocster's 119 $ + 19 $ for the licence (nocter setup price is bigger)

btw, your SSL is not working on your order page :

http://www.empirecommerce.com/order.htm

wow that's an unusual response
    Yeh you are right we are taking care of some porgramming right now, and decided leave the form. If anyone needs to pay though SSL we have some solutions for the next couple of days.

I appreciate your feedback but I would like to keep this topic on the dedicated server

ok rackshack or nocster, or if you feel lucky try unitedcolo

From my own post in this thread:
    Originally posted by no1v2
    I recommend Fastservers from my personal experience. Their cheapest dedicated server is $98/month, and WHM/CPanel can be added for $38/month. However, I think they're still only doing quaterly billing for now; I don't know if that's a problem for you or not.

rackshack all the way baby!!! lol just go with rackshack+extrenal license....btw is united colo still not answering their phones?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

is rackshack have as good uptime as fastservers

Originally posted by sharkman
    Well many people have complained about FS some days ago...as for RS depends, some people got good uptime, others don't, I think mostly is to the wonders of unmanaged dedicated servers

They are working on getting a ****load of new servers attm :

http://www.rackshack.net/colo/webcams.asp#

Working hard on saturdays yuupii

Install?

Originally posted by Angel78
    rackshack's 99 $server + external licence (50-65$) or nocster's 119 $ + 19 $ for the licence (nocter setup price is bigger)

would Rackshack do the install then?

nope, they dont do much of anything for you
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

would Rackshack do the install then?
    No, they don't support Cpanel servers and as Robert Marsh has said preivously, they they won't be planning to have CPanel servers in the near future since it's not part of their busines model.

Rackshack's uptime is VERY good, the servers that I have with them give at least 99.9% uptime. They've had some network trouble during the past month, but this has finally been fixed. But while the network was being fixed, they had other lines that bandwidth uses, so downtime was not noticed. FastServers uptime is also very good, I don't personally have a server there, but I manage a server there for a client and so far it's not been down during the past few months. I would say that both networks have similar uptime since they both have mutiple lines, so if one goes down, traffic can be routed through another automatically.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

So..

Originally posted by rusko
    nope, they dont do much of anything for you
    So if you put CPanel on their server and something goes wrong they won't help you?

Re: So..

Originally posted by iKHost
    So if you put CPanel on their server and something goes wrong they won't help you?
    No, they don't support the software side of things. You're on your own if you've got a software problem. If you've messed up the server and you've got no Server Admin to help you solve it, then the only solution would be to ask Rackshack for a system restore.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

My recommendation is and has always been fastservers , because you're looking at some talented individuals that know what they're doing, AND they offer CPanel (something rackshack doesn't).

As far as uptime? I've had ZERO problems with fastserver networks in the past few months, as opposed to the hours that I've seen with Rackshack due to network problems in the past few weeks.

In addition, when you order a server from fastservers, you don't have to deal with mult. credit card charges, filling out the same form every few minutes, in the hopes that you MIGHT get the next available server. You're also dealing with someone who's got Experience in CPanel, not someone who wants to throw Ensim on your server and make you remove it yourself (definitely not something for the squeamish to handle).

I'm sure rackshack's great, but I'll take less hassles and individuals that care about my business enough to setup my server how I want it (the same with my clients). It shows dedication, that the person is a name,not just an RS-# , and keeps both me and my clients happy.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

yeah but fastservers is only taking quarterly customers now. I have ordered a server from Hostany, their support has been great