WHM: confusion and questions about accounts/domains/ips

I recently got myself a dedicated server with whm 5.0/cpanel5 . I'm mainly a php/sql programmer type, so I dont have much experience with all this server-admin things. It would help a lot if any of you could clarify the following issues with whm for me.

1) I will only use this server for my own websites. so I assume I have to create an account for each of those websites ? How do I know when or when not to assign an ip to a new account ? I only have 2 ips available now, and will have to setup about 5 websites.... how do I organise this efficiently ?

2) When I make an account with an ip, I can ftp and visit the site of that account through that ip. But if an account doesnt have an ip assigned, then what is the url of this account's website ?

3) Dns.. I ordered some domain names at a registrar, and they let me know that they will be ready soon, and told me wich 2 nameservers to use for it. Now the part that confused me the most is the "dns functions" at whm, I expected all of this to be on the site of the domain registrar itself, but the only thing I can do there is register or transfer domains. How can the whm on my webserver possibly know wich domains I own at my domainregistrar ??? I entered the 2 nameservers from registrar in the "server setup" of whm, but is this enough to give me control over the domain names, through that dns-functions page ? Or is this page only usefull if you use your webserver as nameserver too ?
    In short: whats the best procedure to make sure a certain (sub)domain name or email points to the right account/site on my webserver ?

Thnx for any answers or tips with this

1. Unless you need SSL on a site, you don't have to have it hosted as an IP based site.

2. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/~username or yourmainsite.com/~username

3. At your registrar, you need to go into your account and REGISTER two new nameservers under your domain.. suggestion:

ns1.yourdomain.com -> first ip
    ns2.yourdomain.com -> second ip

once this is done.. point the DNS servers for all your domains to this.

After DNS is propagating through your box and not your registrar's everything will be good to go.

Man, anantatman you type too fast, got me.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

heh

1+2) ok thnx, at least now I know how to setup my sites.

3) So this means that my server will also act as its own primary and secondary nameserver ? So if its down then all domains on it are unreachable too.. doesnt matter for the sites on the server cause they are down too anyway, but I was planning to use the domains for some things outside my webserver too.
    My registrar also just let me know that those forms for directing my domains should appear on its own site too, as soon as the domains are ok, so maybe it wont even be needed to set up my own nameservers.

Anyway, thnx

How's anything gonna find your box, if you don't create nameservers?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

use nameservers of my registrar ?

I just discovered a page at my registrar where I can set up my newly arrived domain, and had option to use use their nameservers or use my own. I choose theirs, and now I could modify my domain (I think)

btw, small related question.. can I set a domain to directly point to "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/~username" then ?

Yeah but if your name servers are down does it matter... because your box is down!

No you just need to point your domain to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server