Need linux server in coming spring

Hello all,

I'm looking for hosting for a website that I work on. We are currently on Interland. It's hasn't been bad, but we're not happy with them either. Uptime is great 100%, but in the past we've had to threaten with lawyers to get support. And they make you pay for EVERYTHING. But we signed a 1 year deal to get a discount on this dedicated server.

This deal runs out in February. Toward the end of February, I will be looking to move the site to a new host. Any sugggestions? The reason I am asking now is because I have to work and write this into a budget and figure out budget stuff for next year in conjunction with several other things.

What good dedicated hosting companies have you come across? I'm not looking for just uptime, but also good support. We have support folks at Interland, but sometimes they don't know what they're talking about and they forward you to the wrong folks. And they don't admit mistakes.

In terms of our budget, the maximum would be around 5k a year. About. Unless the stock market bounces, it's probably better to keep it well under 5k.

I was looking at Hostway's dedicated servers and possibly Rackspace. What do you guys think? Remember this in the long run. We started out with Hostpro and they were great, but Interland just can't fill their shoes.
    - Julie N.
    Student / Web Designer

www.fastservers.net

Incredible support. The few tickets I have reported (not even important or critical matters) have been answered in less than an hour, even at odd hours of the night.

Take that as well as decent prices and good hardware, a nice datacenter, and you have yourself a great hosting provider

At approx $400/month you should be able to get excellent providers. If you can shell out the money, give www.rackspace.com a try!

Yes, I like rackspace too. they host Sitepoint right? Anyone have stories to share about rackspace? What about other hosts? I want to make a list of about 5 hosts to look at over the next 3 months.

Um, I made this thread to do research, not get spammed with offers, thanks. I'd appreciate it if fast-servers would stop making offers at me. I never heard of you and your approach annoys me.

Has anyone tried Hostway's dedicated servers? I use them for one client on a shared server and they're great. But never used them for dedicated stuff, has anyone?
    - Julie N.
    Student / Web Designer