Apache crashes on PHP Version 4.2.3

My web server got recently upgraded to PHP 4.2.3 and ever since it has been going down every 2 hours or so. FTP, Telent, SSH works but it seems like the new PHP completely shuts down the HTTP service.

When I logged in and run the "top" command using SSH, I can see that the CPU usage gets close or at 100%, which I am guessing, could be an indication for some of you. It used to never get this high on my previous version PHP 4.1.0. What is happening here? What could in the new PHP cause the HTTP service to crash or overload? Please give me some advice.

Here is a link to my PHPInfo:
    http://www.ethioindex.com/phpinfo.php

Any ideas?

Al

Have you tried turning Safe mode on? Or maybe it could be like maybe a script isn't compatiable with 4.2.3, I'm not really sure though.

What your error_log say?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Looks like an Ensim Virtual Private Server?

I wouldn't try upgrading this without your provider. Ensim has a 4.2.2 release you should have them load to upgrade the 4.1 version. Ensim doesn't have the SX released 4.2.3 version yet. From our experience, it is best to stick with what Ensim releases and not try doing this yourself. Not saying it can't be done though....

SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_fastcgi/2.2.10 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6 PHP/4.2.3 mod_perl/1.24_01 FrontPage/5.0.2
    Why soo old versions?
    This forum officially ****ing sucks

Umm I think I found your problem, try this configure:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-config-file-path=/etc --disable-debug --enable-pic --enable-inline-optimization --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-exec-dir=/usr/bin --with-regex=system --with-gettext=shared --with-flex --with-layout=GNU --enable-debugger --enable-magic-quotes --enable-safe-mode --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem=shared --enable-sysvshm=shared --enable-track-vars --enable-yp --enable-ftp=shared --enable-wddx --with-mysql=/usr --without-unixODBC --without-oracle --without-oci8

and remove extension=mysql.so from php.ini if it exists
    This forum officially ****ing sucks