Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mc Host Is No Good!

Just to let everyone know, do not use MC Host. about 2 months ago I signed up with them. My account never got setup, but yet my money was taken from my credit card.

I canceled my account, and was told that they would refund my $35. (which has never been refunded.) Then today, well over a month later, another payment has been taken from my credit card. So that is a total of $70 they have taken from me and I dont have an account with them!
    They have no phone number to call and complain either.

DO NOT USE MC HOST! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!

After I cancelled my account (the same week I tried to get it set up) I switched over to www.freestylehosting.com and have had wonderful service from there.

You're angry and upset at what has happened to you but such a generalization is unfair. I used to be with MCHost and left for other reasons. True they are not perfect but I do not believe that they would try to rip anyone off.
    Surely the best way to deal with this is to use the email contact and get the matter sorted - there has obviously been an error.

Aren't they answer you? I think they would be answered your mails. If you want an advice; You should contact with them via e-mail or via their forum. Be calm-down, take a deep breath and write your problem very friendly. And wait their answer for may be two or three days. I think they will be answered you.

PS: I am not McHost customer but this is the normal way I think.

Please go through your ticket history at http://helpdesk.mchost.com/

Ticket #1:
    - You: Have asked why your account isn't set-up and have asked to cancel your order if it wouldn't be set-up.

- We replied: We have received your account information this morning and your account is scheduled to be set-up in a few moments. Do you wish to go ahead with the cancellation?

- Then we haven't received any reply to this ticket and have set-up your account as scheduled.

Ticket #2:

- You: 1 month later you have asked 'Hello. I was supossed to get my money back ($35) and has not been refunded yet'.

- We: Haven't ever heard back on ticket #1 from you and thought you would be using your account. We never received a cancellation from you.

- We: Have asked you to allow 30 days for the refund to be processed. This was on the 5th of this month. Please give us these 30 days, as stated in our AUP at http://www.mchost.com/about/aup.html .

Ticket #3:

I will have a billing representavive answer ticket #3 for you shortly. (It is only 56 minutes old)

I don't see what we have done wrong here, but we never got instructions from you to cancel the account or any follow-ups to your support tickets.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

To Marc Wyss

I have submitted emails to you... in reply to your emails to me, not through the ticket system...

Please call me at the phone number I have emailed to you.

I have not had them responded to. The latest ticket I submitted and emailed to you, and still no response, but you managed to respond to this on webhostingtalk... I have tried every possible way to contact you. All I want is my $70 back, and not to be billed further.

Thank you.

PS

No account information was ever sent to me if you did set up an account, so I assumed that you had canceled it at my request, in response to your email.

This is probably just a big misunderstanding... but I would still like my money back...

Thanks.

Please, all issues should be handled through the helpdesk by billing representatives in which we only have the replies recorded above. I don't handle billing issues myself and emailing staff members directly will cause issues to get delayed or forgotten about, as we get close to 300 support requests per day. Please make sure you follow-up to your support tickets, not through email and they will get resolved

All a mis-understanding
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

Before anyone reads into this thread

Hello General WHT Users,

For those of you that may have stumble over this thread in search of MCHOST let me add, this is just a fluke a misunderstanding between 1 user, I have been hosting thru MCHost for over a year now back when they were young, and they have many many clients, at one time the support was slow but has definelty gotten better over time. They have worked with me in many ways sometimes a little slower than others but overall I have no complaints wiht MCHost and find them to be a very Admirable Hosting Firm.

Thanks for reading, and please do not base you decision on MCHost with this post please take the time and search the forums as MCHOST is a very great company for resellers

Tom
    DWS CENTER LTDA--http://www.dwscenter.com
    Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Low Cost Domains!!
    US, UK, Netherlands & Asia!!!

10. MC Host should supply a phone number or something, so that this does not happen in the future to others.

When I emailed my requests, it was because I was sending a reply to an email asking if I would like to cancel or not ect. The email did not say that I could not respond through email. Maybe MC Host should write that on the emails that they send out as well.

Phone Number

I know there is rumor that MCHOST is going to be getting phone support, however I dont personally recommend this with their ticket system I feel if you are patient it works quite well, you have proof and they have proof of the transaction as with phone conversations you dont always have that proof yes they can monitor/record the call but then they have to find your call log, anyways I know this is in the works from what I hear, however I feel the tickets work great you just have to have a little patience with them and from the sounds of it thats what you are lacking.

Keep up the good work Marc

Tom
    DWS CENTER LTDA--http://www.dwscenter.com
    Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Low Cost Domains!!
    US, UK, Netherlands & Asia!!!

yawn

I've only been frustrated with one ticket in a year....

Usually things go pretty well. On the other hand, not picking on anyone specific, a lot of users submit waaaaay too many tickets and they get ignored. I dont think things like 'I want the FTP login changed' requires multiple priority-one tickets.

I have one customer who has never opened his mouth once, and another who wants me to teach him everything and likes to blame me for having a 'crappy internet.' I tend to blow off the latter quite a bit.

Could also come down to the user not knowing how to use the Helpdesk. Maybe they closed the ticket on him after anwering the question and he didn't know how to reopen the ticket.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

i dont know if i could call this a fluke . I tried out there services , and wasnt very impressed . When i signed up i got a confirmation letter stating my account would be setup in 24 hours . Ok , so then i waited 24 hours , then 48 hours , i mailed in a ticket , then i got an excuse that i was going to be put on a newly purchased empty server , that hasnt been put on the network because it was going through QC testing . I was stoked , very happy . I could careless about the extra 24 hours ...... So i waited another 24 hours , finally i had to ask for my account info on there forum . I got my info , logged in , everything seemed to be fine . Got my ssh access , went straight to the home directory to find out i had been lied to , and that there was no good reason why my account setup had taken so long . So , i figured , hell ... whatever , i got my site up , i can resell now . But right about then , the server seemed to be down daily , or they had some sort of worm in the data facility , just excuse after excuse , on about day 12 , i said i would like to cancel , ive found a new host , to many problems . Im not sure who responded , i think it was a female name , could be wrong , but they offered a refund . I was happy , i could leave on a good note , even thought service wasnt great , they were still honest people , and i could respect that . Wrong , i wait , and wait for the refund , but it never comes . So i write back in a trouble ticket ...weres my refund , and i get a response that says , you used the server almost half a month , we are not able to give you a full refund . Well i did use the server for half a month , i mean i did a use a whopping 4 mb of bandwidth and consumed a whole megabyte of space if even that . Anyways , i went back , argued for a coupe of days through email . To no luck , i was forced to dispute the charge , which i hate doing . Im not saying everyone will be treated like this , or has . I just know i had a very bad experience

and oh yeah , 12 days isnt half a month , and being that my setup was all screwed up , i had access for about 9 days (when the server was up), just thought i should make that clear . And for account setup , its funny that i can setup an account in about...oh 1 minute throught cpanel , but that they were to busy to set me up , and that it even took 72 hours
    Last edited by case; 10-24-2002 at 06:23 PM.

I'd like to know if anyone has ever received a refund when promised by MCHost.

I had a dedicated server at MCHost for two months, which ended September 7. So far I have been overcharged by $1300 (some of which I have recovered via chargeback).

Marc told me my refunds would come in 30 days but they were not credited to my bank account (except for one successful chargeback).

My credit card was charged again two weeks ago, 25 days after Marc assured me that the recurring charges had been cancelled.

My experience with MCHost has been so infuriating that I have set up a new website,
    MCHorrors.com,
    where I will post additional details soon and others are welcome to post there.

I believe the "30-days-for-a-refund" policy is a ridiculous delay tactic on the part of MCHost, to delay customer complaints until it is too late to file chargebacks. No respectible hosting company takes 30 days to issue a refund of unauthorized or erroneous charges.

Originally posted by YoHost
    [SIZE=3]I had a dedicated server at MCHost for two months, which ended September 7. So far I have been overcharged by $1300 (some of which I have recovered via chargeback).
    Can i post the refund confirmations from your credit card company at your new forums? Let me know at marc@mchost.com what information is shall remove, due to privacy reasons. Good luck with your website

Mchorrors.com LOL

The counted forum of Mc Host Horrow stories.

Marc i can see a movie coming from this one.

Suggest contacting a legal adviser.

Kind regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

Originally posted by Kiwi
    Can i post the refund confirmations from your credit card company at your new forums?
    Yes, please do. Of course, you'll have to issue the refunds first, LOL.

Yes, please do. Of course, you'll have to issue the refunds first, LOL.
    They already have on the day you requested them. I'll send you the proof over email by this evening and hopefully you can sort this out with your bank then.

1 - I'd like to know if anyone has ever received a refund when promised by MCHost.

2 - Marc told me my refunds would come in 30 days but they were not credited to my bank account (except for one successful chargeback).

3 - My credit card was charged again two weeks ago, 25 days after Marc assured me that the recurring charges had been cancelled.

Let me first say, that I am still with McHost and I have been for a while. Yes, I have issues with McHost as well, but so far it's all worked out in the end.

Alllright:

1 - Multiple times
    2 - They have always been refunded in under 3 weeks, however it might take an additional 2 weeks for VISA (or whoever you deal with) to print it on your (online/paper) bill
    3 - Are you billed by revecom/paysystems? I have real issues with them that never really got solved (e.g. billing me and then saying I didn't pay!).
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

My experience with MCHost has been so infuriating that I have set up a new website,
    MCHorrors.com,
    where I will post additional details soon and others are welcome to post there.
    That's incredibly lame. It makes you look like just another little kid who thinks he can run a business.

And, it opens you up big time to lawsuits. Hope you have legal protection, cuz MCHost is gonna have your ass.

So many complaints about refunds from MChost.

Marc, I know you're not actively trying to keep funds from people, but there is a serious problem with your billing arrangement.

I've not seen one post from you that mentions what the actual problem is, or what you intend to do about it.

When I cancelled the accounts I had with you I had the very same problem.

Although you took care of it, but really man a lot of people use Paysystems, and hostcharge, surely you see a pattern here.

If not, one of your ex customers is willing to chronicalize it in nice tidy little chunks at mchorrors.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by Samuel
    So many complaints about refunds from MChost.

Marc, I know you're not actively trying to keep funds from people, but there is a serious problem with your billing arrangement.

I've not seen one post from you that mentions what the actual problem is, or what you intend to do about it.

When I cancelled the accounts I had with you I had the very same problem.

Although you took care of it, but really man a lot of people use Paysystems, and hostcharge, surely you see a pattern here.

If not, one of your ex customers is willing to chronicalize it in nice tidy little chunks at mchorrors.
    Agree, All of these chargebacks don't solve the problem. You should check your billing arrangement and remove the bugs.

The only billing complaint I have ever had with MCHost was a glitch in changing pricing. Got double billed but Marc sorted it out for me

@ Paysystems, wise decision to move Marc!
    Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast