Question Virtual Private Server hosting solutions good/bad??

I'm looking at moving from a co-lo situation to a VPS environment using www.combustionhosting.com specifically.
    Any thoughts on the company, overall and longterm it looks like VPS is a good model. I haven't found anything they can't do that we currently do on our server.

Any feedback is appreciated

It seems fine to me but they are very expensive.

I personally host my most important sites on my VPS with remarkablehosting. They have great uptime and I am sure that they will manage my VPS very better than I do with my own dedicated server.

Ensim's VPS solutions are very stable. If someone crashes his own VPS others are safe. Also you can have a minimum of dedicated CPU time, RAM and network resources so no one abuses your resources like shared hosting servers.

Mac

I have a VDS with Sonichost.net. There service has been great, and I am getting exactly what I need from them:

The ability to let someone else worry about the problems while I have almost full control over the domains, e-mail, etc through Ensim 3.1's reseller interface - without paying $19.95 a month per domain.

kkimmel

If your access is through reseller control panel then you do not have a VDS.

You should have root access and access to Web Appliance administration panel exactly as a dedicated server. You should be able to have your resellers (using reseller CP) on your VPS too.

In this kind of hosting several webappliance servers are running in their dedicated memory (completely isolated from each other) with Ensim Server Exchange.

Mac

They are good if you can't afford dedicated. VPS is going to be future of hosting.

i'm considering to start offering ensim on servers. vps is one of the reasons. how exactly do you set up a vps account with ensim? Is it just as easy as giving them that option thru the server admin account?
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

You need the ServerXchange version of ensim to offer VPS (very expensive). The regular version (the one that you buy for couple hundred dollars) does not create VPS.

Peter

ah. thought it was too easy! Thx ckpeter.

Montobhan, check out http://rackforce.com also before you decide to go vps also. they have great support. might be another option.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Peter is correct.

ServerXchange is very nice if you can afford it. The problem is being able to sell them at a price that most people are willing to pay. It's not possilbe (at least not on WHT).
    http://www.sonichost.net
    Hosting Solutions That Won't Break Your Budget!