PayPal debit card

Hi,

Anyone have a paypal debit card? IT looks really neat. I think it could come in handy.

I live in canada. I was just recently approved a PP debit card. It's being mailed to me. I should receive it in a few days.

I just had a question, maybe someone might know. From what I have been told by friends who live in the US who have a PP debit card.. IF you go out and buy something with your PP debit card, it comes straight off your paypal acct balance. I was told that you can also use it online, as a master card, which is also neat.

Someone told me that IF you have $0 in your PP acct, and you go and buy something for say $50 with your PP debit card (buy something online, using as a MC), Paypal pulls the $50 outta your bank account.

Does anyone konw if this is true?

If so that's cool. I can't imagine them trying to pull it off my cc (That's added to my paypal acct) --- because i'd hav eto like authorize every charge.

So does anyone have any experience with the whole having $0 in paypal , but still buying with PP debit card?

Cool Hi clocker1996,

"Someone told me that IF you have $0 in your PP acct, and you go and buy something for say $50 with your PP debit card (buy something online, using as a MC), Paypal pulls the $50 outta your bank account. "

No, the payment is debited from your PayPal account.
    Damon
    PayPal Consumer Relations

Is it available in the UK?
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

Cool Hi,

Currently available to US/Canadian residents only. I believe our international team is looking at expanding it.
    Damon
    PayPal Consumer Relations

sweet, hurry up

It's a great card It comes in handy. When you go out to eat, for $25 it is actually $15 USD that comes out of the account. It feels like its a cheaper meal

I live in Canada, that's why!
    Kaumil P.

Seems like PayPal is becoming a global entity! Keep it up!
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

I actually JUST used mine for dinner. It cost $40, but then a $10 tip, so $50. and they only took 40 out.

Yes, and you get cash back for using it.

Here's what I found out about PayPal...

If you want to add funds to your Paypal account, from your bank account, it takes 3 - 5 business days for it to show up.

HOWEVER, if you send someone more money than you have in your paypal account...they will instantly take the rest out of your bank account.

Soooooo, if you're ever in need of quick cash on your debit card (for buying something that needs a credit/debit card) or your Paypal account - Paypal money to a friend and then have them send it right back to you.

Yeah, it costs a bit...but if you really need to, it'll work.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

hey thats a good idea!

I acually have the paypal debit card but havnt got to use it. Some guy frauded me out of 400 dollars. He sent me the money as a refund but then his card or somethign bounced back and it took paypal 2 weeks to notice and by then i already took the money out of paypal...well instead of debting his account...they debit my account and im at a negitive 400 dollars. I wont put the money back in because i dont have it and its not my problem. its someone elses since hes the one that had his card bounce back. So my account is like frozen or something.....ill have to wait till i get a new bank account to resign up again. Im going to contact my bank to have them change my banking numbers and stuff so that i can get paypal back. I like it except for that little misunderstanding and the debit card works great too. Ive been a paypal customer for years now and just upset that something like this has disabled me for months from using them.

paypal is not FDIC insured plus they dont have to play by the same rule that banks do. Getting their debit card makes no sense to me when any local bank will do the same.

Originally posted by cedwards
    hey thats a good idea!

I acually have the paypal debit card but havnt got to use it. Some guy frauded me out of 400 dollars. He sent me the money as a refund but then his card or somethign bounced back and it took paypal 2 weeks to notice and by then i already took the money out of paypal...well instead of debting his account...they debit my account and im at a negitive 400 dollars. I wont put the money back in because i dont have it and its not my problem. its someone elses since hes the one that had his card bounce back. So my account is like frozen or something.....ill have to wait till i get a new bank account to resign up again. Im going to contact my bank to have them change my banking numbers and stuff so that i can get paypal back. I like it except for that little misunderstanding and the debit card works great too. Ive been a paypal customer for years now and just upset that something like this has disabled me for months from using them.
    Darn ... sad to hear that ... it sucks huh ... you need to expose that fraud here ...
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

Originally posted by dreamHOBO
    Why don't you PayPal people get insured? I'm sure you can afford it..
    Being insured by the government means that they must become a bank or a credit union (and from the looks of things a bank) and that will cause them to make some changes to their business model. Most people dont care what happens until something like whats found at paypalsucks.com happens.