Question Yahoo listed domains - is that $299 a year?!

I found a domain relevant to my line of work and was about to buy it when I came across info that said Yahoo's listing fee is an ANNUAL $299 fee.

Is that true? If so, even if you find a domain listed it could be about to expire in it's Yahoo category.

I can't believe that's an annual fee!!

-WC-

yahoo does charge an annual fee of US$299
    I believe that when the fee was made payable annually as opposed to a once off fee, the annual fee was not charged for existing placements, however all of that may have changed, you would need to check their terms of service to make sure.

Yeah, but if you are looking to take over someone's listing by registering their expired domain, I doubt there's a way to check it out with Yahoo what the listing's expiration is.

-WC-

Annual fee of $299 ???

What comes with that $299, a gold certificate with a gold frame ??

Cheers,
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

hopefully tons and tons of traffic.

-WC-

(but your point is my point too..)

FYI

FYI:

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/add?+Business

By the way, Yahoo DOES give you TONS of traffic.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Traffic depends on the category you are in. Yahoo is the most popular search engine/directory on the net, maybe the most popular site in general, so you will get traffic from it, but don't expect 1000 hits a day overnight. Aslo, there's still not a guarantee that Yahoo will accept your site, and there's no refunds.

www.SelfPromotion.com - and read the Yahoo white paper he wrote. A bit dated, but still works.