WebReseller Issues

WebReseller has been DoS'd several times in the past few weeks, they now have a verified threat.

Those whom are currently WebReseller customers, please do not fear, and be sure to alert your customers of this problem.

They are working to fix this, please give them a chance, they are still quite possibly one of the best all around dedicated server companys out there.
    Ross Sherman
    ENVISION7.com

Re: WebReseller Issues

Isn't a DoS attack in and of itself, a verified threat?
    I'm not a customer, can I still be fearful?

Originally posted by rsherman
    WebReseller has been DoS'd several times in the past few weeks, they now have a verified threat.

Those whom are currently WebReseller customers, please do not fear, and be sure to alert your customers of this problem.

They are working to fix this, please give them a chance, they are still quite possibly one of the best all around dedicated server companys out there.
    argonblue.com | sales | 800.710.8004
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

Hehe, this was just the information I was provided with.
    Ross Sherman
    ENVISION7.com

Originally posted by rsherman
    Hehe, this was just the information I was provided with.
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

Ross Sherman
    ENVISION7.com

They said one of our servers has been receiving a lot of inbound DOS attacks and they unplugged it toinght and network performance still hasnt improved so i dont think it was our server. This weekend was our servers fault though but they unplugged it before any diagnostics could be done to find out the source. They do not know the sources of all the DOS attacks and i hope they come up with a solution to help filter out these attacks. We run iptables and everything else to ward them off, but the data still has to get to the server so it still fills their pipe even though you are blocking it at the server level. They need a router level solution, filter spoofed IP addresses, fragmented packets etc.

I don't know whats worse... downing a switch port and causing a packet storm or your ISP trying to tell you that you have to pay for the data from a packet storm against a "neighbor".
    Originally posted by goodness0001
    They said one of our servers has been receiving a lot of inbound DOS attacks and they unplugged it toinght and network performance still hasnt improved so i dont think it was our server. This weekend was our servers fault though but they unplugged it before any diagnostics could be done to find out the source. They do not know the sources of all the DOS attacks and i hope they come up with a solution to help filter out these attacks. We run iptables and everything else to ward them off, but the data still has to get to the server so it still fills their pipe even though you are blocking it at the server level. They need a router level solution, filter spoofed IP addresses, fragmented packets etc.

I've already given webreseller a lot of chance. In the game hosting business, high pings are like a down server. So basically, in the last month my uptime has literally been 70% - I think thats far more than a chance.

I've also started to see a major network slowdown affecting my Webreseller servers and I haven't seen any announcement from them regarding this issue either via email or forum.

I hope webreseller could clarify and resolve this issue ASAP.

I'm also their customer, and I have noticed that my HTTP services are down sometimes these days, luckily, I monitor my server within hours, and then I su and restart HTTP again, otherwise, my customers may claims that they can FTP but not HTTP blablabla..

Until I read this post, I haven't noticed they have this major problem, they may need to report this serious network concern to the customers as we have some info. in file to report to existing customers! Bad communication with customers is always the main problem in the hosting industry.

They do have great connection, but they have to improve their emergency state arrangement. Faster action to rectify the problem, faster notice to current customer!

I hope the tech @ webreseller can fix the problem as soon as possible.
    Hozting.com - Professional Hosting since 2000

If you have a dedicated server, the actual server uptime is you responsibility, and they are responsible for the network. They got the problem fixed lastnight with yipes around 12:00 AM and their pings went from 300+ down to 30 ms.

That'd be just great. I'm still monitoring the connection closely. I hope there'll be no more DDoS attacks.

Webreseller is getting lots of ads by its user in WHT

Yeah, I think so... good ads and bad ads

Good or Bad they are getting Famous......
    Hows there services?

They service is really good, i have been able to get ahold of techs around the lock if need be.

?lcok == noc?

"Lock" pretty much has to be "clock."

Oh, I thought hee said they were pretty good at having technicians around the NOC. Oops.

Lol, I noticed, but that doesn't make much sense. "Around the clock" is a very common saying though
    Last edited by no1v2; 10-24-2002 at 03:15 AM.

lol @ no1v2

Yeah, I do hope WebReseller fixes these issues though, they are affecting us all.
    Ross Sherman
    ENVISION7.com

It seems that the network problem's been fixed and back to full speed.

Its funny seeing all you guys I know from gamesnet chatting on this forum.

#tactix (soon to be launched company)
    #addicted (6-0 CAL-O newbs!)
    --Andrew
    http://andrewloe.com/