Windows 2000 Dedicated Servers w/Firewall & 100% Internap bandwidth

Hostmania has focused all of it's resources on providing hosting solutions on the Microsoft platform www.hostmania.net . Our offerings are targeted at organizations that need applications or web sites hosted on a dedicated server with a reliable infrastructure that delivers a 100% network uptime guarantee. All of our solutions include network level managed firewall protection, 24/7 level 3 support, and a network that guarantees sub 55 ms response times for the optimum IP experience for any application.

These are managed servers from $249/mo.

Visit www.hostmania.net and call our sales line at 866-HOSTMANIA for more details.

please can you expand on your sub 55ms quote. what are the constraints? dsl mainland usa only? only sub 55 ms from any server in the mainland usa? just wondering thanks.
    nice offer btw good luck and best wishes.
    --
    Rich

Richy,

The sub 55 ms is from about 10 major points in the USA. i.e. NY, LA, Chicago, etc. we also have guaranteed response times for other continents around the world. Contact our sales for the exact details.

You can try a few test for yourself to see how well the network performs.

Ping www.hostmania.net from a few different portals and also download this file from our server.

www.hostmania.net/1mbfile.zip

Take care,

Chavvon Smith

what what what?! will i beable to get unix/linux if i ever needed another server?
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

excellent thanks. just wondered how you measured it. im pretty certain , assuming no massive continental drift occuredduring lunch that i cant ping your servers from the uk sub 55ms

do you have any plans to offer anything like hsphere?
    --
    Rich

Faggle,

Existing customers will be taken care no matter what direction the company takes. If you're a customer of mine and you need something, I will make it happen. Just contact me and let me know the OS, server specs, etc. and we'll put together a one-off deal for you.

regards,

CS

Richy,

If you want a control panel on the server contact us at sales@hostmania.net and we'll put together pricing.

CS

-MOVED-
    Last edited by RackMy.com; 10-21-2002 at 02:45 PM.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

What's the problem Mike? I don't see what's where HostMania ripped you off

Mike,

First off I want to say that it was very unprofessional to post what you posted. Second off, just because you have a three column table doesn't mean that the rest of the world can't have one. If you have a legal copyright issue please email legal@transoptics.com. I'll be sure to post your copyright accusations here for everyone to see.

Best regards,

Chavvon Smith
    CEO
    TransOptics, Inc.

-MOVED-
    Last edited by RackMy.com; 10-21-2002 at 02:45 PM.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

-
    Last edited by Andrew; 10-21-2002 at 04:18 PM.

Hostmania : no more Linux hosting?????????

Well, It seems that they have changed their page between yesterday and today.

BTW, they don't answer the emails sent at sales@hostmania.net

I asked a quote for a 3mps cogent bandwidth with some p3 linux and didn't get any answer.

good service.....

The deal was posted on our web site when you sent the email.

P3 1 ghz
    512 mb mem
    40 GB HDD
    3 mb/s Cogent
    $139/mo

We can't put together a custom deal for each of our potential customers. It just won't scale. If this package won't work for you, we can deviate slightly.

sales@hostmania.net

CS

Question RE: The deal was posted on our web site when you sent the email.

Hello Chavon,

Yes, that's right I had seen the deal on your web site, but when I clicked on the order button, only MSE deals were showing out.

As I am residing in Europe the 866-HOSTMANIA didn't go through. Is is the same to call 972-625-6784
    and then press 1 to get sales?
    Yesterday I called 972-625-6784 two times between 8:30 and 10:30 am (Texas time) and wasn't able to speak to sales.

Anyway, the 3Mbps cogent is a *very* interesting deal. How long is that offer valid?
    Is it possible in the future to buy more bandwidth?

Thanks
    Alex

I do not see this deal on your website..
    P3 1 ghz
    512 mb mem
    40 GB HDD
    3 mb/s Cogent
    $139/mo

where is it located? thanks..
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

when the web site was updated, the local number was left off. Sorry about that. That sales number works, but it is for our sales team that is usually out meeting with clients. They will return your call. You can also dial 972-299-9442 and that's the same as the 866-HOSTMANIA.

You can add bandwidth at $40/mb. Also, this deal is in the store only. Not the web site. Click on any of the "buy now" buttons. We'll add it back to the web site later today.

Talk to you soon.

CS

Mmmn. 100% Internap Bandwidth.
    Last edited by ninji; 10-23-2002 at 04:13 AM.

what is level 3 support?

Jolly,

If you have a problem with your server, you don't have to wait for a skilled technician to come in at certain hours. You can always have access to some one that can fix 99% of problems fairly quickly. A level 3 tech would be considered more advanced.

CS

There is some semi-controversial debate on the levels of support and what one would define them as, while I myself am not sure if there is an official or regulating meaning I have experienced these examples of 'Level 3 Support':

- 3 Levels of support, Say your getting a server at www.examplehost.com, whom has a dedicated server or is a partner/reseller of www.exampleservers.com, whom is colocating at www.examplecolo.com. Say the colo techs support tech requests from all servers in the colo regardless of if the client is reseller of reseller or whatever the case, and say exampleservers provides supoprt for its resellers clients, and the reseller supports their clients aswell, I've been givin an example of this as level 3 support, but do not belive this to be proper becuase the term is used very loose in hosting...

- Another example is just a higher level means more options, aswell as vice versa, lower or higher could be more or less support. For example, www.example.com could offer their 'level 2' support for dedicated servers. but level 3 for colocation customers, say level 2 and 3 included full support and firewall, but level 3 includes hardware and server monitoring, other features etc....

Theres others, but In my theory the correct term, is the higher the number 1-3, the more support services that are included.