Thread: Freeparking

Freeparking

Has any heard of these guys. If so what are they like. From what i can gather they're US based with UK sites as well. Apart from that I haven't got a clue? Any comments about this company would be cool!

www.freeparking.co.uk - is the site I have fogotten what the US site is. I am sure there is a link on there!

OK

I have just purchased a .us from the UK site.

The process was OK BUT they have not yet built the administration section for Name Server changes on the .us space so I had to email them to get it done manually.

I used them also to buy a .uk.com and that went a it wrong as I got an email saying I had not paid for it from the registry but they sorted it v quickly when I emailed them. It turns out they had not paid the registry.

Overall OK but there are better around.

They are a joker reseller I believe. There was an article about them in an internet magazine I read a little while back about them having a dispute with joker.

They resell for INWW (Melbourne IT)

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Well they used to resell for joken then

Although due to the dispute I believe (if I remember correctly) they tryed to move all their domains they had on joker to another registrar, but joker denyed the request as they would only allow the domains to transfer if the domain owners accepted the transfer request.

Yes.
    Joker do make things very difficult.

Their transfer out process is now even worse.
    Registrant and admin contact have to agree and this opens up atransfer window in 5 days time during which transfer requests will be accepted.

I would not use them for reselling domains but they are popular in the UK because they use an email/pgp automaton like Nominet so its easy to integrate them.

They also charge for registrant changes.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com