Thread: racksolid

racksolid

been lurking here for a long time and just registered to get some opinions. i saw a deal in the ads forum for a company called racksolid inc and they had good prices.

i sent some emails in and a number of things gave me a bad feeling. one of these things was that they're not an inc and don't intend becoming one even when their being advertised as one.

they seem to have good prices so wondered if anyone else uses them? am i right to feel worried or did i just catch them on a difficult day (or maybe a trainee tech who wouldn't answer questions cos he didn't know the answers)?

has anyone heard of colo4atlanta.com as this is in the header of the emails and wondered whether this was parent company which people may have heard of and be able to provide me with some references.

ive done searchs for both and colo4atlanta has no results and racksolid only shows them mentioned in the ad forum and no reviews.

Sounds like "colo4atlanta" is trying to immidate "colo4dallas" which is a fairly well known facility.

As for advertising, it is illegal here (and im pretty sure everywhere else) to advertise you're incorporated, a LLC, LTD, etc. if you are not, and thats a pretty serious thing.

Other thing you might want to be worried about is the fact they dont seem to have a webpage up, just blank webspace, and their domain wasn't registered even a month ago , sounds like a place to avoid if they're falsely advertising their business status.

wow, i didn't know it was illegal. i told them i would have a think about it so maybe i should keep looking. thanks.

NP,

I'm not sure on the severity of it, but i was told very very clearly by my lawyer during our startup not to use the title until it was official as otherwise it would be completely illegal, though im not too sure who has the right to pursue you in that case.

well i got an email from them saying "We do plan to become inc'ed very shortly or an LLC" so i'm not sure what to make of it all.

i'd be gratful for any opinions of anyone who uses them?

There is no affiliation with Colo4-Dallas. They may think that trying to copy someone elses name will give them a head start, but it usually ends up as a head ache. In addition to legal fees, you have to deal with credibility. If you are upfront and say you are a new company it is much better than later having to admit that you are trying to get business "less than ethically."

I know many startups that have changed their name because of the treat of suit. Most felt they could have won the case in court but were not willing to pay the price to get it there. It is not hard to make someone spend $10,000 to defend a name suit.
    Looking for next opportunity

Hi,

Hopefully this can clear something up.

RackSolid is a fairly new company and hasn't become incorporated or a LLC quite yet. They're working on getting the site up, etc. They will remove it until they're officially an INC. They are aware of this situation and will correct any mistakes.

RackSolid, does provide quality service and has a great business plan, and of course no bad intentions. Colo4Atlanta is a name that was come up with since it literally is Colo 4 Atlanta and the company is located in Atlanta.
    The domain is only used on the mail server. All Hostnames have a different name that is used for all servers. As for Colo4Dallas, it wasn't meant to copy you guys in anyway possible.

Thanks

P.S.: I am not running this company nor do I have anything to do with them other than being a sales person.

two domains in your signature

::gasp::

Evil

Originally posted by Fazel3
    two domains in your signature

::gasp::

Evil
    Last edited by PixelAxis; 10-21-2002 at 06:06 PM.

Originally posted by porcupine
    If you work for them, you might use the term "we" instead of "they" .
    I actually typed it up like that but then changed it to "they"

I knew someone here would jump to conclusions and I just wanted to avoid it all

**** - when am I getting my server? It is monday.. I mean it was already late, but yet, I say OK to monday.. past monday and still no server?

Originally posted by faculty
    **** - when am I getting my server? It is monday.. I mean it was already late, but yet, I say OK to monday.. past monday and still no server?
    Sorry about that, someone from RackSolid spoke to you earlier about this.

Yes, they have now - hope to see it on Wednesday