Thumbs up Please Review: WebHostDesigns.com

Hi there,

I've just redesigned my site and was looking for a bit of feedback. I've decided to go with something unusual with the design and give it a bit of a different feel.

What do the rest of you think? The URL is http://www.webhostdesigns.com

Cheers

Lach.

different? well, it is more boring than most sites seeing as it has no graphics except your logo. and where's your portfolio? no one will hire you to design a site when they haven't seen what you can do.

yes i know there arent pictures yet, it still isn't 100% finished, was looking for feedback on the actual physical layout...as for the portfolio, it's coming, I just haven't got that many sites under my belt as I have only started in the last month so it may be a bit of a way off yet.

Thanks for being honest

Lach.

not to be harsh, but i would never do business with a company thats site looked like this.

ok well help me out then? apart from lack of pictures, what's wrong with it? nobody's helped me out, they've just basically put the whole thing down but havent told me what it is that's not right?

good tah see an aussie site dont' get much around here.

well for starters, look at ur other site (im assumming the site u have listed as ur homepage is urs). take some notes from that.

Here's what I would change:

1. The color scheme. You've got the complementary color scheme of orange/ blue, which is pretty harsh on the eyes. I would go for a more subtle, less contrasting color scheme. Or better yet-- you could use the same colors, except soften them a little in saturation, then add a neutral color like grey in your composition to balance it all out.

2. The huge-sized verdana isn't helping. I'd either make it smaller- like 8pt- or switch to arial.

3. It doesn't really make sense to have the main menu in the center of your web page like that.

4. Get better pictures! The pictures are...