Help regarding moving web site from one hosting service to another

Hi Guruz,

I am planning to move my web site from one web hosting service to another because other hosting services offering me the same features at lower rates.
    I would like to know that during moving my site, is their any way where my incoming emails dont get bounced back because i have to change the DNS entries for my domin with the new ones.

Also, is there any way to transfer the whole web site including web pages and email accounts. Thanks for your help.

Unleashed
    Last edited by unleashed; 10-19-2002 at 01:37 PM.

For a smooth transfer I suggest you upload your files and setup email accounts at your new host first, when you finish just change the DNS entries for your domain. Hopefully there will be no downtime and no email get bounced back.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

What control panel is your old and new server using?

Also, if both servers are using cpanel, odds are, if you give your new host your old ip, username, and password, he can connect up and pull over ALL your files in a couple of minutes!

Yeah, with cPanel moving from one host to another host is quite simple.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server