Thread: I Need A Logo

I Need A Logo

Hello,

I need a logo for my site. I will need the logo in .psd format.

I do not want to spend more than $20 and need it quickly. The colors I like (or codes rather) are: #336699 #000080 #ff0000 and shades of blue.

The site is hosting related and called "i KHost"

If you need any more info or are interested, please PM me (I will not be able to check mail today).

THIS IS NOT A CONTEST!

You can post questions you have about the job, pricing, and point me to your portfolio.

I will choose 1 person to make the logo

Thanks
    Last edited by iKHost; 10-19-2002 at 11:35 AM.

Is this a contest?

no, it isn't. People can post questions they have, their price, and point me to their portfolio and I will choose 1 person to make the logo.

changed my original post

I pm-ed you

Can u pm me back if u read it, cause i don't know if my pm is working atm.. (if this is not allowed i'll delete this post)
    Last edited by ic3d; 10-19-2002 at 11:45 AM.

Originally posted by ic3d
    I pm-ed you

Please read:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

And note :

Participants may not instruct users to check your e-mail, check your PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof. This rule is also applicable in the advertising forums.
    Thankyou
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

Sorry

www.tzdesigns.net

------------------------------

My portfolio

www.tzdesigns.net/portfolio.php
    Todd Goldberg
    www.4nmedia.com
    AIM: FourNmedia

Originally posted by tzdesigner
    www.tzdesigns.net

------------------------------

My portfolio

www.tzdesigns.net/portfolio.php
    I only see 1 logo, are there supposed to be more

nope were a relatively new company and did some freelance work in the past but it was never offically for a customer or in any relation to TZ Designs so i didnt include it.
    Todd Goldberg
    www.4nmedia.com
    AIM: FourNmedia

here is my profile, www.synaxsystems.com/portfolio.htm

I can do your logo design for $20 via paypal.
    Last edited by Synax; 10-20-2002 at 12:38 PM.
    Jon Drew
    Synax Solutions Inc.
    info @ ssinc.bz

Hello,
    You can see some of my work at
    http://www.pixeldaze.com/portfolio/new

Let me know if your interested in my services.
    Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
    Jeff @ PixelDaze Studios

I wanted to thank everyone for their interest. I have selected a designer.

i'll do it for $500+ :-D

thanks, but I'm not looking to spend less than $600

I wanna know the process of a 'designer' who does a logo for $20. Open illustrator, actually they'd most likely be using photoshop, make it. Thats all. No pre-design thinking or marketing research or any type of a professional development strategy.

Originally posted by DoobyWho
    marketing research or any type of a professional development strategy.
    A logo is a graphic.... not a business plan

Obviously you have no experience in the real business world

I wanna know the process of a 'designer' who does a logo for $20. Open illustrator, actually they'd most likely be using photoshop, make it. Thats all. No pre-design thinking or marketing research or any type of a professional development strategy.
    I'd love to see one of these "$500 logos" that cannot be designed in photoshop that requires months of research.

The dictionary says this:

logo

n : a company emblem or device

Originally posted by Dave-A-M

I'd love to see one of these "$500 logos" that cannot be designed in photoshop that requires months of research.
    Never said it couldn't be designed in photoshop. Just said it shouldn't. Also, who said months? I didn't. Go back to your tutorials son

Never said it couldn't be designed in photoshop. Just said it shouldn't. Also, who said months? I didn't. Go back to your tutorials son
    tutorials? son? Someone getting a little heated? Unless it is for print, there is nothing wrong with creating a logo in photoshop if it is done correctly. The rolling of the eyes was also a nice touch, just as mature as your post. Did you have to research before posting?

No hes just suggesting that a logo forms part of a corporate identity which should be considered when producing said logo. Sitting down in your lunch break and hashing together something that looks ok in ps is not the appropriate manner for a companies profile to be generated.
    It might be ok for a 1337 ha><0rs site but a company has an image to project. Knowing how to project the correct image takes skill and time. 20 dollars does not exactly buy a lot of skilled labour.
    Will the logo have considered the market the company is aiming for?
    --
    Rich

Guys, while you all have made very good points and a logo SHOULD cost more than $20 (yes, I asked for just that but the market has room for it and I expected to get a lower quality design, though I decided to do it myself) this thread was a service request.

It's all about expectations, u can't expect a $500 logo if u only have $20. And besides that, imho not a single logo is worth $500 same as an actor isn't worth $30.000.000.

Some peoples don't know how to handle illustrator, max or photoshop or whatever. They still wanne run a small 'company' and instead of just plain html text, they want a 'logo'. They only have $20 to spend on the logo.
    People here are responding and wanne give it a shot.

Topicstarter -> happy (although he knew if he spend $500 he would have had a better one).
    Designer -> happy

what's the problem here? It's just a forum most used by small (very small) companies and new freelance 'designers' who wanne develop theire 'skills'. You have to start somewhere..

Anyway what i do for 20$

1. Brainstorm about the name and the potential public. Just trying to be original and creative. (and i know for 20$ i will not think very long).
    2. Grab my pencil and a piece of paper and draw some ideas.
    3. Open illustrator, connect my wacom and start what i planned to do.
    4. Select the exact colours
    5. Send

If it's for $20 i have to agree i do these 5 steps usually in an hour or maybe 2 hours.
    In a competition i usually start inmidiatelly in illustrator or photoshop.

But if i have the time and someone is offering me $100+ it will prob take a week till the design is ready (especially step1 will take a long time).

But that's me i don't know about the rest
    Last edited by ic3d; 10-20-2002 at 11:17 PM.

ic3d, very well said

Sorry, but I may have to disagree. Logo design process is more of looking for the right corporate image or brand identity.

I believe there is an article related to it from the small business association (SBA). I happen to post in our links page.

On the other hand, if your logo designer has an experience with marketing, it helps. And of course, it is also a big factor if the designer is a natural artist himself!

Take care everyone.

Originally posted by DigiDesignz

A logo is a graphic.... not a business plan
    I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

wow, this thread is still alive, all this from a simple service request.

keeping it alive...

If you seek a professional designed logo then you pay for the time of developing such an image you can literally go through more than 50 sketches in search for the proper identity, and essentially you are paying for the experience and time spent researching and drawing up sketches.