Thread: cnet.com

cnet.com

what do you think of cnet's new layout???

Probably goes into the Website Reviews section, I'm guessing.

I think the new layout is better in terms of usability and easy of navigation. The bad news that I see is the use of extensive graphics, which will probably load slow for 56k users.

I like how they used the little 'slideshow' to show new users around the new Cnet.com website, however, I highly doubt most people will have the time to sit and look through each slideshow scene.

I don't know about most users, but I think the "Missed Something" section at the bottom is a waste of space. I don't use this resource, but some others may find this of some use.

I think it would be best if the Cnet.com homepage was split in various color schemes for each different section. This would make each section easily color-coded for quick reference and would be much easier to browse through, and makes the text less cluttered.

Overall, I think the Cnet.com's new design is above all the previous designs they've had.

From the website reviews description....
    Show off your new site and get other webmasters to review and criticize your site.
    I wish that were my site....

Ah it's alright I guess. Kind of surprised they got a re-design... thought they were going to go chapter 13 a couple of weeks ago.

A bit similar to the previous one, but looks great nonetheless.

A bit similar to the previous one, but looks great nonetheless.
    There's a good reason they did. In terms of web design usability, it's a good idea to keep the same 'scheme/theme' so returning visitors won't be totally confused upon the navigation, etc.

Very True, however that is from a huge portal side of it. If your talking about a small company a huge design doesn't matter as long as the customers can find the products,contact,about,services,support pages

If a company wants to totally redesign their site they do it slowly making small changes as they go.

I like cnet.com though its very clean and professional.

Thanks