Critique Personal Portfolio Site

Hey guys,

Please critique this site for me. Its still the layout but I will have the functional css version up soon. Please ignore the corbis watermakr. Im not yet sure if I will use this image, therefore i have not purchased it.

Thanks in advance

Not a bad start... I'd say use the clone stamp tool to get rid of the corbis watermark, or use a different clear stock photo. Looks a little more professional.

Nice job, good luck in the future.
    Just my $0.02.

i like the color very much. it gives off a sense of being loose and relax. it is wonderful how colors can have that effect.

the design is very simple and that may be what you are after. if it have accomplished it. i would suggest bringing in 02 a bit more closer. i would also like to see "portfolio:patrickemerick" on the same base as 02, rather than having it just centered that way. but, that is just a personal biased that i have. "patrickemerick" is also getting pretty hard to read. you might want to rethink that. i do like where you are going with that though.

the borders that you have seem a bit too thick for my taste. i would try doing it half that and see how that looks. the navigation you have is nice, but i have mixed feeling on the "my" part of it. i don't think it is needed and neccessary.

other than that... i think it is pretty good. good work. keep it up.

take care.

You can't steal images from corbis and use them on your site...

Yup, you better pay for those Corbis images before you get yourself in trouble

Originally posted by iamdave
    You can't steal images from corbis and use them on your site...
    No, but you can use their watermarked images in your comps until you are ready to finalize the design.

As the others said, it looks like a very calm site. I also think the white borders are too thick, maybe 2 points instead, just enough to show. Looks like a good start.
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design

Yes you can use corbis watermarked images. It would be stealing if I just took the watermark off but i pay for my images when i use them on a final version of a site.

Re: Critique Personal Portfolio Site

Originally posted by Evolve3Media

The design looks like it came out from a book i read.

It's a nice simple and sharp looking one. It's good. - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I didnt see it in a book. I geuss im not going to use it then.