Tech support positions available

||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Instead of hiring support, outsource. We can offer you part time to 24/7 chat and e-mail support for about quarter of the salary.
    There is a huge advantage for chat support for it is also international support. Try us for a full 30 days money back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose and all to gain.

Our expertise includes

Operating system
    ---------------
    Linux and Windows 2000

Control panels
    ------------
    Plesk
    Ensim
    CPanel/WHM
    Hosting controller
    H-sphere

Ticket Support System
    --------------------
    Perldesk
    Ticket Smith
    PHP Support desk
    Ticket response

Support related to control panels.

1) Setting up mail server
    2) Setting up web server
    3) Hosting domains
    4) Enabling web users
    5) Mail settings
    6) Account creation.
    7) Adding a new domain/ sub domain.
    8) Control panel/FTP password reset.
    9) Mail related issues. (Pop3, smtp, webmail).
    10) Script support (php, asp, perl).
    11) Web statistics support.
    12) FrontPage/database troubleshooting.
    13) Protected directories (SSL. Non-SSL)
    14) Webuser accounts creation.
    15) Check diskquota, Traffic limit and many more.
    16). Protecting web sites (.htaccess)

Linux support

1. Performance tuning of Linux servers
    2. Automated tasks (Cronjob)
    3. Network/Bandwidth monitoring (MRTG)
    4. Software installation
    5. Server monitoring (Uptime/downtime) using 3rd party softwares and Manual
    6. Backup/Restore of server and websites
    7. Adminisration of MySQL database server.
    8. Setting up of Apache with SSL support.
    8. Setting up Mailserver(Sendmail,Qmail,Exim,PostFix)
    9. Setting up DNS.
    10. Installation and Configuration of various log file analysers (AwStats,Webalizer..)
    11. Implementing Firewalls using IPCHAINS and IPTABLES

Windows 2000 Support

1. Using Terminal Services Client
    2. Using PC Any Where
    3. Configuring and trouble shooting IIS.
    4. Configuring and trouble shooting Exchange Server
    5. Configuring and trouble shooting Windows Proxy 2.0 and Internet Security and Acceleration Server.
    6. Remote installation of softwares.
    7. Configuring DNS, DHCP Servers.
    8. Managing Users.
    9. Backup/Restore using 3rd party tools
    10. Configuring and Installing MySQL

Contact me at toll free phone number 188-3936747
    msn: [email protected] aol ewempir.

NO OUTSOURCE RESPONSES PLEASE.

We are NOT interested in outsourcing.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

How much per ticket?

I might be interested in doing higher level tickets.

We generally pay between 60 and 75 cents per ticket answered. We average about 150 tickets per day. The potential to make a decent paycheck is there.

I will say that we only keep techs that are 110% professional, polite and can actually problem solve. No exceptions.

--Tina

Originally posted by AffordableHost
    The potential to make a decent paycheck is there.
    Not trying to come off as rude, but at 75 cents per ticket, there isn't much potential.

If someone answered 500 tickets per week @ 75 cents per ticket that's only $375 per week... or $1500 per month.

That's excluding taxes.

~$9.30 per hour isn't so bad, but you're asking for someone qualified enough to work on linux systems without a dummy panel, I don't know many people that are qualified for that which would take that sort of pay....

Maybe you should considering doing salary

Anyways, I still might be interested in handling "tougher" issues, if you need anyone like that, but I surely can't sell myself for that much.

I am not interested, but to support the thread starter, a knowledgable person who is online a lot doing other things (programming, studying, supporting other clients) can easily monitor for an incoming ticket, take the 1-5 minutes it'll take to answer the question, and continue on with other projects. Multi-tasking works great, and answering tickets does not sap your entire day (especially for intelligent people).

Seems a reasonable request to me.

- John C.

I agree with Mr Crowley on his viewpoint. Tina is not looking for people to sell out for something unreasonable. Someone with the wits about them, could run more than one support position and make a dang good living at it...

But for the fact I need a few more months on the command line, I'd take the offer in a minute, Tina.

Good Luck with your business and your search for talent.

Originally posted by JohnCrowley
    take the 1-5 minutes it'll take to answer the question
    Being very presumptuous here.

I've been involved in many faucets of support, and I know it's rare for me to come across a ticket that takes 1-5 minutes to complete, and if it does, it doesn't involve troubleshooting/logging into a server - usually an information request.

I was even being overbearing with the 500 tickets per week figure, according to the poster they get around 150 per day (~1000 per week)

Surely they have more than a couple people doing support, so the chances of completing 500 tickets is slim. Realistically, a job like this, you'd only be looking at $1000 per month and it would certainly be more than a full-time job from my perspective.

Clockwork - I respect your opinion. However, I still maintain that the potential for a decent paycheck is there.

Doing basic tech support work, you're not going to make a network admin's salary. However, we have techs averaging $250 a week...while they work part-time from home, no set hours, vacation time whenever they wish, first dibs on other projects that come up (for as much as $50 per hour). Not bad for a college student looking to earn some extra cash for fairly easy work.

Again, this is basic tech SUPPORT work...NOT network administration. You only need to know the basics of Linux. If you're looking for a network admin position, please don't apply...we have enough and there probably will be no chance for promotion.

--Tina

Originally posted by clockwork

If someone answered 500 tickets per week @ 75 cents per ticket that's only $375 per week... or $1500 per month.

~$9.30 per hour isn't so bad...

Actually, I can average 20 tickets per hour...no problem. So, that brings it up to $15 per hour for about 25 hours per week...unless my math is way off (which it could very well be...I just threw that together in my head!).

--Tina

Post Deleted

Thumbs up Chat Based Tech Support

I host a Chatroom 24/7 Helping People with Problems ranging from ASP/PHP/C++/Java/Pascal/ Programming Ideas/ Tutoriasl/ Software Issues/Computer Problems/ OS Installs and much more. And now I find out that there are a few people that are willing to pay for this knowledge lol. damn. I've been robbed

h well In light of everything I think that a Company that is capable of providing a Web Based Interface be it a Javascript Pushing Chat or a JAva/ActiveX client based chat that can integrate itself into a "provider's" website easily and seamlessly and then the "provider" can outsource 1 or 2 people who will specialize specifically in the company's protocol's, methods, problems and yet can still rely on his whole staff/company resources has great potential

Please note replace all his or her with his/her or non-gender specifics in the spirit of Political Correctness