Thread: Atwebhost Down

Angry Atwebhost Down

Atwebhost's main site seems down. Is their whole network down or just the site ?
    I saw many dedicated businesses having downtimes this month.

Rackshack
    FDCservers

And now atwebhost. Whats going on

MUST BE THE WORK OF TERRORIST!!!

Quick! Bush waste billions more droping food bombs on random countrys.
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

Have you not received any word from your vendor important at all? Amazes me they don't send out e-mails or something to their customers through alternate means.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

We were tightening security on our network. Sorry to alarm you.

Hope you've mentioned to all your customers about your alarming actions lol
    dotGig

Amazes me they don't send out e-mails or something to their customers through alternate means.
    I don't know where you get your information from but we send out newsletters immediately after down time or many hours before scheduled downtime.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

I don't know......hrmm let me think, ohwell you got me, I don't know... maybe it's the recent posts about your customers bitchin about not being notified, but hey, it's your advertising spin here.. so don't let me get in the way.
    dotGig

Originally posted by Samuel
    I don't know......hrmm let me think, ohwell you got me, I don't know... maybe it's the recent posts about your customers bitchin about not being notified, but hey, it's your advertising spin here.. so don't let me get in the way.
    Tsk Tsk
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]

Re: Atwebhost Down

@webhost.com is totally sux... I won't recommend them. Their support is fast with general questions but if you submit a ticket to reboot ur servers or fix something. They will say their datacenceter will open at 9:00am EST that means they only can help u at that time. If your server got something wrong at 9:00pm, you will need to wait 24h for them to fix the problem. I don't think they owned their own datacenter. They might rent it somewhere and this place only opens once a day @ 9:00am.

Originally posted by important
    Atwebhost's main site seems down. Is their whole network down or just the site ?
    I saw many dedicated businesses having downtimes this month.

Rackshack
    FDCservers

And now atwebhost. Whats going on

Re: Re: Atwebhost Down

Originally posted by john49
    @webhost.com is totally sux... I won't recommend them. Their support is fast with general questions but if you submit a ticket to reboot ur servers or fix something. They will say their datacenceter will open at 9:00am EST that means they only can help u at that time. If your server got something wrong at 9:00pm, you will need to wait 24h for them to fix the problem. I don't think they owned their own datacenter. They might rent it somewhere and this place only opens once a day @ 9:00am.

Uh, I dont even KNOW who you are. I dont remember or know any client by your name. We have 24/7 support, so if your box goes down in the middle of the night, we'll rush a tech to the noc to fix it. So uh, if you have a problem take it up with us directly. Dont post anonymously, no one will believe you.

Asher.

Re: Re: Re: Atwebhost Down

24/7 support? liar... Your NOC only opens once a day @ 9:00am how come you can rush a tech to fix a problem? Why I know your NOC only opens once a day? Your own tech told me that when i send a question to [email protected].

Originally posted by ^Kyo

Uh, I dont even KNOW who you are. I dont remember or know any client by your name. We have 24/7 support, so if your box goes down in the middle of the night, we'll rush a tech to the noc to fix it. So uh, if you have a problem take it up with us directly. Dont post anonymously, no one will believe you.

Asher.

John, you didn't answer to Kyo's post...

are you a customer? if so prove it
    dotGig

I was one but not now

Originally posted by Samuel
    John, you didn't answer to Kyo's post...

are you a customer? if so prove it

----------------------------------
    P.S: Do you fdcservers.net?

Well that doesn't give your comments much weight either way, you know how to give your comments weight
    dotGig

ok, i have a problem /w atwebhost server.

anyone here might telling me what is going on? and how can i fix this. please help .

here is my problem

here is detail of my problem

I got a huge problem /w access to my domain.

here is:

i have two domain domain1.com and domain2.com on a semi-dedicated server.

domain1.com or www.domain1.com is working and never got trouble.

but www.domain2.com always have trouble.
    At first (before those downtime) i have no problem but then within a month ago till today. i was unable to access anymore www.domain2.com. i thought i have problem /w my computer so i used proxy to access it and i was able to access without a problem . I tried on 3 different kind of browsers but the problem still there. NO PROBLEM IF I USE PROXY. i have roadrunner cable.

then i reinstall my window xp but i still have the same problem. i just ask some of my members. some of them was unable to reach www.domain2.com too.
    as for me....all time time...i was unable to access www.domain2.com. but some of my members was able to access it but then sometimes they unable to access it. and one of my member was unable to access both www.domain2.com and domain2.com

so now i tried to test by create a new domain www.domain3.com . i was able to access domain3.com right away. but just now while typing this message, i tried again but was unable to access both of that domain . if tried /w proxy and able to access both of them.

in the mean time... my other domain www.domain1.com is working without any trouble.

and if i use trace route from my own computer to the death domain it say like this

tracert domain2.com
    Unable to resolve target system name domain2.com.

If you have any problem, please contact our support department.

yeah right.....this is what they said

Asher Saeed has responded to your help desk request.

-----------------------------------------------
    (Asher Saeed)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Time: 19-10-2002-03:47
    : Hi,

I can access all the websites you've mentioned without any problems! I think it
    must be a hiccup in your ISP, have any of your 'members' complained about this?

Secondly, the Celeron 1.3GHz perform slightly better than 1.7GHz ones... so I
    dont see any issue here. We put resellers on either server depending on what
    stock we have.

-------------
    All the best,
    Asher Saeed

how can it a hiccup my my isp when sometimes it down for a days. also i have 3 domain...it a hiccup...all three should be not working and how come domain1.com is working while www.domain1.com is not working...

anyone here know what is going on?

Looks like a DNS problem.

Carl

i was have no problem before they upgrade their network.

one of those domain is from godaddy and another 2 are from registerclub.com

WebReseller too.
    Ross Sherman
    ENVISION7.com

I have the exact same problem as LTDT, it's not a ISP problem and it's not a domain/DNS problem.

Prince,

if you get the error LTDT mentioned :
    tracert domain2.com
    Unable to resolve target system name domain2.com

it's certainly a DNS problem. Try digging the domain on your host's nameservers and I bet you won't get the reply you expect.

Regards,
    Carl

if it's a DNS problem, they (@webhost.com) should have fix it. instead, they say my server have no problem.

i'm posting this here not because to put down @webhost.com ( i did contact them before post this thread here...but what have i received...they say my domain doesn't have problem and close my ticket). So i thought, since this is a webhost forum...maybe 1 of you guy here know what's going on and able to show me how to fix it...but if it's a DNS problem...i won't be able to fix it...@webhost should be the one to do that.

Originally posted by Mango
    Prince,

if you get the error LTDT mentioned :
    tracert domain2.com
    Unable to resolve target system name domain2.com

it's certainly a DNS problem. Try digging the domain on your host's nameservers and I bet you won't get the reply you expect.

Regards,
    Carl
    Really?

Then why did I not have this problem for the past year with my previous host with these same domain names?

Originally posted by Prince

Really?

Then why did I not have this problem for the past year with my previous host with these same domain names?
    Because the problem is at the NS server of your *current* host. That's the way DNS works...

Carl