Wink How many customers (revisited)

Just wondering how many customers you guys have and how long it took to get them. Rough estimate is fine, whatever your comfortable giving is fine. If you feel the need to refute more of what hostingplex has to say, please go to the other thread and not this one. Wanna try to keep this one on topic
    Thanks Guys
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    [email protected]
    Create.Design.Innovate

But I have 4 clients waiting for me to officially open, which may not be until next month now

Originally posted by JeremyV

But I have 4 clients waiting for me to officially open, which may not be until next month now
    and those 4 will become 40 in a few months from there, then those 40 will become 400, 12mths down the track. Slow and steady growth is the key.

We have over 325 separate clients that have been built up from Dec 2001. Treat your clients with honesty and respect and you'll be rewarded for it.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Is that all you did Aussie Bob to get those clients?
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

Originally posted by whatever
    Is that all you did Aussie Bob to get those clients?
    What do you mean?

Did all you have to do is give your clients honesty and respect?
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

Originally posted by whatever
    Did all you have to do is give your clients honesty and respect?
    That goes a long way these days....

Customers are amazed when you talk to them like they are real people, take an interest in what they are doing and actually provide them timely support. One of the best things you can do to prepare you to deal with customers on a professional basis is to read "How to win friends and influence people"
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

good call guys, respect goes a long way
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    [email protected]
    Create.Design.Innovate

Support. Support. Support. Support.

Yes, Support!

It AMAZES me how many hosts -- and businesses in general -- seem to underestimate the value of quality support. I've heard complaints about the cost of good support. But I don't hear much talk about ROI returned by quality, responsive service and support.

Sometimes it can be a pain in the beginning, but the investment of time in the long run will yield you great profits and great customers.

I've been in the hosting business for "only" 11 months. But I've always worked with premise that, if you support your customers, they will bring you their business, and more customers. My growth has been pretty slow until the last couple weeks. I'm seeing my business shooting forward now, and part of that is my devotion to customer needs and satisfaction. It's surprising the amount of email I get from new customers who tell me they were referred by a friend, and how they've never seen better service. And most customers themselves are good people to work with. They are patient, understanding, and very loyal. And many of these are people that came from using my free hosting service -- clients many said were trash or not worth pursuing. What's that saying?? One man's trash is another's treasure.

Brian

(Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post. The last few replies sparked my hot-headed typing fingers. )

Well, I'm going to officially launch at the end of this week when I get my new site up and sign up scripts working.

As of now I have about 12 paying customers. A few that don't pay but should be paying me. They have been warned.

I really hope to get more customers, I'm dedicating 100% of my time to doing that and it's quite scary for me. What if i don't get them?
    Jesse Padilla
    pluginbox.com