Question MeganetServe, FAstServers or @Webhost, this is the question... :-)

Hi everybody,

i'm a proud owner of a rackspace account, as you can see in my previous messages.

Now i need another dedicated server, but i don't need the quality of rackspace.

I found the three providers in the subject (i need win2k); they all have prices that i like.

I would like to have some pros & cons reagarding their bandwidth, support, uptime or "hidden" issues.

I know there is something on this forum, but i would like to have updated news.

Thanks for your attention & help,

I'm also considering FastServers.Net, and interested in any recent opinions about them:

1. Are they fast?
    2. Their uptime percentage
    3. Response time of their support staff
    4. How good is their system administration service?

Silver Spring, Maryland

1. Yup, very fast. They colo with Hurricane Electric in their Fremont datacenter (using HE's bandwidth, of course).

2. Pretty good. I don't have any numbers for you, but the only network problem I've had worth mentioning (that I can remember) was discussed here. They also recently rebooted and changed the root pass, but it was an accident (wrong server). Luckily I had a back way in

3. Very good, except for one e-mail and phone call right after the previously mentioned incident.

4. No comment, I don't use it.

Sorry Csol, I've never used either of the other two hosts, and I prefer not to spread heresay You should do searches on all three here, and look in other places as well.

Thanks no1v2,

FastServers offers 2 methods of server administration:
    1. System administration service (included with each server for free)
    2. Fully managed servers (about $250/mo extra).

I'm wondering how good is their standard administration service, inclided with each server. How quickly they react to problems, replace hardware etc?

Just checked out @webhost. Their prices are very attractive -- P4 1.7GHz for $99/mo, full server management for only $125. But I've read that they had serious networking problems, and some people here at WHT were unhappy with them.

@webhost people post here on WHT and seem very responsive. Have they solved that problem with their network?