Thread: Host Spam

* Host Spam

This guy emails sales@oneofmyparkeddomains, this is so funny. He is a hosting company with no URL and a hotmail email account with unlimited transfer.
    -Hosting for only 3,25$/month with no extra fees
    -Have your website submitted to 1000 search engines for 40$

Hi, this is Alexandro from Win and hosting,

I was wondering if you need any hosting solution for your business. My company offers extremely competitive prices along with high quality hosting, for only $3.25 per month or $39/year (with no extra fees). We have the ability to host your website with up to 50MB of space WITH unlimited transfers.

Also, for just $30, we can submit your website to over 1000 search engines worldwide, including, Google, Netscape, Lycos, Yahoo, Altavista, Dmoz, Msn, etc. All totalled, your website will be submitted to 300 search engines in North america, 200 in Europe and more than 500 search engines in the rest of the world.

If you would like to know more about the advantages of our services you could email me back at Alexamoria@hotmail.com

I hope that together we can develop a good business relation.

Thank you!

Alexandro Moria
    Sales representatives
    Alexamoria@hotmail.com
    Windows and linux Hosting solution

lol. this should be on one of those spammer hall of shame things.
    Multiple Image Corporation - http://www.multipleimage.com
    Diverse Solutions for Diverse Companies.
    Virtual, Dedicated & Colocated Hosting.

Originally posted by multipleimage
    lol. this should be on one of those spammer hall of shame things.
    Heh, you notice that on top he said its $40 for search engine submission then he says it's $30 down below...

Originally posted by iamdave
    Heh, you notice that on top he said its $40 for search engine submission then he says it's $30 down below...
    LOL. Your right. I didnt even catch that.
    Multiple Image Corporation - http://www.multipleimage.com
    Diverse Solutions for Diverse Companies.
    Virtual, Dedicated & Colocated Hosting.

That email is quite hilarious - I've received similar ones in the past; but yours takes the cake - as you said; hotmail and unlimited

As for my experiences:

Our customer support number received a telemarketing call a while back (telemarketing calls always come in on a random line, not the first unused one - so I had a feeling it was one) from a large web hosting company here in Sydney.

She tried to do the hard sell; explaining what benefits my business could have by having a web site, etc.

The caller didn't get the fact that we didn't need hosting, nor the fact that we were a web hosting company . Eventually I just had to hang up on her.

It was quite hilarious.

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    shaun.net

Originally posted by shaunewing
    That email is quite hilarious - I've received similar ones in the past; but yours takes the cake - as you said; hotmail and unlimited

As for my experiences:

Our customer support number received a telemarketing call a while back (telemarketing calls always come in on a random line, not the first unused one - so I had a feeling it was one) from a large web hosting company here in Sydney.

She tried to do the hard sell; explaining what benefits my business could have by having a web site, etc.

The caller didn't get the fact that we didn't need hosting, nor the fact that we were a web hosting company . Eventually I just had to hang up on her.

It was quite hilarious.

--Shaun
    I hate spam... And telemarketers I hate them even more (they just never stop). I get alot of spam from net-submissions. I already got their previous host to terminate their account.. I emailed their new host, telling them about their spam, and they said we will take care of it, but the site is still up and the spam keeps coming (about 1 or 2 everyday).