Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    err.... Zonealarm is a firewall
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

hey! that's what i have.. zonealarm is good.. but eats so much ram!
    do not clone to me.

Thumbs up Suggestion

Might I suggest StopZilla? I bought it from TigerDirect and I LOVE IT!

Just thought I would let you know..

Later Gater..

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    I suppose if you guys ever decide to use advertising on your sites for a bit of extra revenue, you will be the first to poopoo this idea of stopping popups
    If I ever decide to sell ads, I'd never be so desperate to allow pop ups. I'd shut the site down first.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

this is a test

testing...1,2,3...

It's working!
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

hey? is there anyway to get rid of pop ups on your own webpage? angelfire has so many, and it's getting on my friggin nerves. i really want every single last ad on there gone... hopefully for free =)
    do not clone to me.

Originally posted by ATST

If I ever decide to sell ads, I'd never be so desperate to allow pop ups. I'd shut the site down first.

/agree ATST

One thing I truly cannot stand is GAIN...that company should be shutdown...I hate those #*$@ers!! GRRR!

GAIN = software program that gets installed on your computer that randomly throws up popups every now and then, even if the site your at doesnt have popups. Probly is spyware too for all I know!

Originally posted by nocturnix123
    GAIN = software program that gets installed on your computer that randomly throws up popups every now and then, even if the site your at doesnt have popups. Probly is spyware too for all I know!
    And here I am thinking it's laundry detergent....
    -Bruce

GAIN omg... i hate that thing... it's on my comp and i can't delete it... it keeps on coming back that sh!t arse thing. my zonealarm blocks it, but i don't always use it.... GAIN... impossible to get rid of... anyway to rid of it? forever?
    do not clone to me.

AnalogX PoW, works pretty good, you will want to check out some of his other freeware applications, good stuff.

www.analogx.com

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Yep its http://www.popupcop.com i have been well impressed with it.
    Another vote for popupcop. I bought it immediately after using it. Excellent program.

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    I suppose if you guys ever decide to use advertising on your sites for a bit of extra revenue, you will be the first to poopoo this idea of stopping popups
    Actualy thats how i make my second income through ads on my websites yet i have not once needed to resort to popups.

Popups are crap they only make people leave your site quicker and more often that not they won't return. Oddly enough I stay on sites much longer since I installed pop up cop. Neoseeker.com is one example that I just used to go on only when I really needed to because of all the crappy popups now I go on there almost everyday to check for updates.

EART***** . Yet they seem to send spam of there own . Yea I just got a cd from them that was microcannonwaved that said popup-blocker .

online - s'where between home & datacenter
    some guys were saying Mozilla... isit the Netscape browser they're referring?
    RockSolidHosting.US | reliable & affordable webhosting + domains
    Affordable shared / reseller hosting on Linux & Windows 2000
    Quality Bandwidth | 99.9% up | friendly support
    [Chat] yahoo: rshosting | AIM: rshos801 | rocksolidhosting@msn | ICQ: 219698679

Merconline, you should read this thread. Specifically, read my first post in it, which explains the relationship between Netscape and Mozilla.

If for some reason you want to stick with IE (or in this case, IE's engine), you should check out CrazyBrowser, which MikeM recommended in that thread. It has most of Netscape/Mozilla's browser's best features, but uses IE instead of Gecko to actually render pages. Unfortunately, that means that pretty much every IE security problem affects it as well. It also means you should have the latest version of IE and, well, everything from Windows Update, so you can at least be safe from most of the known bugs It also integrates with Windows/IE more, in that it uses things like the Windows/IE bookmark system, which you may or may not like.

online - s'where between home & datacenter
    sorry no1v2, for some reason i don't want to stick to IE

i love Netscape from 4.x to 7.x so i thought how to kill popups if i missed that feature
    RockSolidHosting.US | reliable & affordable webhosting + domains
    Affordable shared / reseller hosting on Linux & Windows 2000
    Quality Bandwidth | 99.9% up | friendly support
    [Chat] yahoo: rshosting | AIM: rshos801 | rocksolidhosting@msn | ICQ: 219698679

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12