Hybrid View

Another SSL post

Hi, I was looking at Verisign SSL Certs tonight and it says $895, why? what is it about Verisign that they can charge that much?. I read that geotrust has a 90% compatibility. Is there an way to purchase a 99% compat like the verisign certs, but for much less?

Thanks

- Pete

**********.com. i refer a lot of users to that website. the only difference is that people with IE4 cant browse or some crap like that. but then if people have IE4 on there computer, i dont they can afford much

How compatible are thawte certificates? and are there companies that resell verisign certs?

Thanks

thawte and verisign are basically the same. as for resellers, there are some, i believe. actually, they have a pay as u go reseller program. u can get your cert cheaper that way. i dont think they require u to sell a certain amount within a time frame.

Re: Another SSL post

Originally posted by Digital39
    Hi, I was looking at Verisign SSL Certs tonight and it says $895, why? what is it about Verisign that they can charge that much?. I read that geotrust has a 90% compatibility. Is there an way to purchase a 99% compat like the verisign certs, but for much less?

Thanks

- Pete
    Yes I have seen companies selling 99% coverage certs for $25. if you type "ssl certificates" in google all the ssl providers are advertising there. Look for "Limited Time Offers" as there are some very good pricing there.

hope this helps

Hosty

Verisign bought Thawte out about a year ago. We have dropped Thawte as they now charge per sub-domains on wildcard certs. We use Geotrust for all our SSLs and have been extreamly happy with turn around and sign up process.