Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My WORST NIGHTMARE with FDCSERVERS !!!

Guys/Gals, What you are about to read is my WORST NIGHTMARE I ever had. FDCServers.net. You must have heard this name a many times. They are bashed around in the forums and some people like them as well. When I was not their client and was searching for a service provider, I always think that people are wrong and post their experiences on just 1 or 2 incidents. The following incident which happened with me, forced to change my mind and thus I came here to let everyone know to STAY AWAY FROM FDCSERVERS AT ANY COST. FDCServer aka Kingcomp Systems Inc. is JUST A SCAM. Let me tell you what happen with me.

I got 1 dedicated server with FDCServers.net in the month of end June. That was a Linux machine. Things started gradually and I made my machine online with all the client's data. My bad luck starts from that day. Just after getting the server from them, I noticed strange behavior in server uptime. The server reboots automatically. I mailed them and asked them if there is any problem at their end. They told me that there was no problem at their end and I should check my server. I checked my machine and nothing found, I mailed them again and got a reply that they had a power surge and that was the reason.

Ok fine, all went fine after that. Same things started to happen again and again. Reboots and Reboots a lots of Reboots. My server actually never had an uptime more than 15 days.

Anyway, there were network downtimes also included but I never complained. The real story begins when I got my second server with them. It was a Windows 2000 machine. The price was fair enough so I thought to prepay them for 3 months. Remember, I had to get an APC remote reboot with that free. I actually never got the machine stable. I believe the next day after getting the machine or maybe 2 days, I got a call from my tech. that the machine is not responding. I rushed upon and mailed FDCServers support to reboot. The machine rebooted and it came online. I checked the log files and got some strange errors in event logs. It was complaining to have some IDE Controller Errors and some Disk Controller errors. (I have got that event log saved on my system)

I Emailed support and told them of the problem. They said that they have to re-install the system. I said fine and they went for it and We had a downtime for a couple of hours. But the thing never ended up here, I checked the event log again after a fresh install and still see the loges FULL of IDE Controller errors. Mailed them again and thus the machines was actually re-installed fresh windows around 4+ times in less than a month.

Same things happen all the way round the month. I was really fed up and very much upset. Shortly the machine came down again and again and I never got the remote reboot as well. Further more, I asked them to check the hardware and they responded that they have hooked up some kind of monitoring system which will check. But it failed as well. Then they replied that they have changed the hardware and the problem won't come again. the problem keep coming again but the server didn't crashed afterwards.

Anyway, despite of all the errors and stuff, I continued and never posted here about them.

On October 17,2002. I Emailed Petr with the subject "Server Cancellation" and the message was

"I am sorry to say that I have to cancel my Windows Server, 66.250.160.47. Please let me know the refund policy. The server wasn't always online and had always some hardware issue. Still there are errors on the machine. Please let me know so that we can do this before that start of the next month.
    The client has discontinued due to the massive downtime and problems. For this reason I have to discontinue it as well."

I didn't got any reply to this mail but my server got resold by them and shutdown without any notice. All my data lost and I totally came down.

I mailed them and asked for their phone number to talk and they replied after many Emails, "Sorry we don`t disclose our business phone number , people were using it for tech support in the past" .. Sounds to be a great answer

Petr aka bummer666 also sent me an Email stating the reason not to reply me that he is VERY BUSY.

They are now trying to make the situation more worst by not replying in appropriate manner and with no friendly support. I am now working with my Lawyer contacting the International Law Suit for the resolution of this matter. I also have found a link about another Kingcomp's scam at http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff18602.htm They seems to specialize in such acts. I have managed to make my E-mails with FDCServers online at http://www.digitallinx.com/incident/ so you can have a clear view of the picture.

You people are the audience. I am filling up an International lawsuit against all this crap. I haven't mislead any of the information but might have skipped some things due to the length of the thread. I can provide you with any details any one may need. I need your help and advice.

Updates: I just have got an Email from Petr stating "If you wanted to just inquire about the refund policy you didn`t have to use words "cancel server" in the subject of your email. Why should we confirm when you said so. As I said before I dodn`t really have time to argue about this, if you wish to file a lawsuit be my guest, I policy is very specific about this."

Now tell me what and how to get my money back from them? They are a TOTAL SCAM !! STAY AWAY FROM THEM !!

Regards,

Naseer
    We eDrive your Business!
    Web Hosting Solutions http://www.digitallinx.com
    Toll-Free in US and Canada: 1 (866)339-0849
    International Callers: 1 (214)329-4291 or 1 (786)380-4896

why would you buy a second server if your first one rebooted itself 24/7 ?
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

Infact I was satisfied on their answers. They told me that first they had a power surge. The machine went fine after some time and was working properly. Then again after a week or so, the same problem occurs. I again came into their answers and didn't had any strict notice of that.

As I was always trying to have the best of the deal, I was always positive and thinking it will be fine later. And may be they were not lying and was a problem. That's all, that's why I got the second server.

Naseer
    We eDrive your Business!

Seems like a poor business policy on their end. I have been with many different hosts, and almost all of them do not just shut down your server if you email them. I mean how many pranksters could send out fake emails requesting that and have it really happen?

Almost any larger sized company I have used requires you to fax something to state you really wish to cancel and/or even provide photo ID or some other form of ID to verify you want the service terminated.

So, while their specific policy may be to not require this and technically legal in a sense, it is very sad that people can practice such poor business skills and get away with it.

JeremyV and what is more interesting is that, I sent an Email to [email protected] to ask what happened to my server. "My machine is down .. for God sake do something !!" and I got the reply .. "Server rebooted SSH works."

Now would you believe that, if the server is resold to the new client. The tech. is not aware of that. He rebooted the server thinking it of mine. Cause I just provided the IP?

Looks like the same thing happened with me on my Linux machine when it reboots like a mad cow. This is totally insane. Do you expect such company with such behaviors with its clients to do business in the market?

I need advice from all of you guys to take a legal action against them.

Naseer
    We eDrive your Business!

Originally posted by Goni
    JeremyV and what is more interesting is that, I sent an Email to [email protected] to ask what happened to my server. "My machine is down .. for God sake do something !!" and I got the reply .. "Server rebooted SSH works."

Now would you believe that, if the server is resold to the new client. The tech. is not aware of that. He rebooted the server thinking it of mine. Cause I just provided the IP?

Looks like the same thing happened with me on my Linux machine when it reboots like a mad cow. This is totally insane. Do you expect such company with such behaviors with its clients to do business in the market?

I need advice from all of you guys to take a legal action against them.

Naseer
    Its too bad they never got APC's working, for their own sake. Every server, colocated or dedicated that we host is off an APC port, though they're rarely used (people like their 80+ day uptimes whenever possible, we got one piece of equip going on 200 days now, im quite pleased with that), its a really handy thing to have, esp if you like being able to sleep soundly at 4am .

porcupine I have already filled a complaint at BBB. The APC switch was included in the deal but I never got it. Various Emails from FDCServers.net stated that the switch will be going to installed on Monday or someother day but that OTHER day never came. Now each time I have to wakeup at night when my client's call me at 3 and I have to Email FDC for a reboot and have to wait for a reply. APC makes life much easier as long as you get it
    We eDrive your Business!

i'm suprised they still have credit card processing facilities, they've had that many chargebacks now from people around here. me being one of them.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

The company always says "if you want to file a law suit go ahead" mostly becuase it scares people off.

People just arn't willing to take the time... And they only say they will so the company will scare and give them a refund, but the company knowing the scenario tells them to go ahead at a attempt of reverse psych....

But the fact remains(not giving an opinion in your scenario) if you can sue them becuase they wronged you, by all means do.

Im not sure where you are, but here in the US, things like this get settled in small claims court, which dosent cost a person near asmuch as full court trial, and a good lawyer wont cost that much. You sue them for the cost of court/lawyer fees in addition to what the wronged you. Aslong as you have feasible proof theres no reason not to file the claim....

[Edit: This is not case specific to this scenario, in this case FDCservers might win becuase of their policies, but that would depend on the court itself. But I posted the above info as trivial information for some and usefull for others...]

Go on judge judy!

if, like me your based in a country other than the us. then it becomes very much more expensive than its worth.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers

There is not a lot they can do.
    Even if they file a lawsuite the amount will br for???? probably 300-400????
    Which definatly has to be set in small claim court. On top of that FDC DOES have the right to CANCEL any server any time without notice. Thats there Policy as well as any other standard host. So that wont work either. U cant do that for DATA cause its not web hosting or data center responsibility to backup data.

FDC has both kind of customer. Extremely satisfied and Extremely unsatisfied. Basically FDC is trying to sell lot more volume with as little as profit possible hence reducing the expense also.... I ve 5 server with them. Only one had hdd issue which they try to take care of. Problem is i will say they r not that organized.

Also please tell me u were NOT furious........ when u email them cause thats a big NO NO.

FDC is basically for providers who wants to startup. They r good with reinstalling os as many time as u wish for free. Or u wanna have a streaming server. Interesting thing is that i ve a windows server with them for umm 6 moinths now. And never had a single issue compare to unix ones i ve.
    But if u need advice best advice would be to dispute the charge if u pay by cc. Lawsuite in your case wont do a lot cause #1 u r not in USA , #2 FDC will get away easily. and many more technical stuff.............

Yeah, its always key to consider the trouble of the matter in comparisson to what you would loose if you just droped it...

But thats why most people dont bother takign it to court is they dont want to go through all the trouble, and companies know this and that agian is why they tell the people if you want to sue, sue...

i would say text of the lawsuite does matter. I dont know what naseer exactly wrote them
    If he wrote like Why u did that i will sue u for this and that Then i would say no.

Normally the way it work is u send a letter from a lawyer about a threat that is CERTIFID letter. If u wann make a lawsuite or something make sure to do that in written not via email

fdc have rather lucid terms and conditions, most lawyers could easily pick holes in it and win a case. though i question who you would sue. i'm not sure if they are incorporated or just sole traders or what.

chargeback is the route of least resistance, cc provdors are obliged to return interest accrued against a charge as well.

I just updated the Email list. It is now available at http://www.digitallinx.com/incident/ You will actually be able to see how they did all that with us.

Naseer
    We eDrive your Business!

as always every story has 2 sides. I guess Naseer aka Goni forget to mention couple things so I am gonna help him with those

If you are looking for a client who doesn`t pay the bills on time here`s the one to choose. He placed his first order with us several months ago actually but his credit card got declined several times. about 2 months after that he finaly got his funds together and placed his order. After couple months of the "terrible" service he decided to order his second machine. This time he ordered machine with extra upgrades, that we very quickly provided to him and after we released the machine to him it turned out his credit card was declined again. Every couple days he`d sent excuse why the funds are not available so it draged like this for one month and still no payment in sight. After 3 weeks we decided to disconnect that box for non paypment which we could have done on 2nd day of the service per our policy. But he emailed us begging to turn it back on and that he`d come up with the money shortly.
    Finaly after 4 weeks he came up with money. Than he kept screwing with his server that one day we had to reinstall his OS 3 times , oh well the OS reinstalls are free. I didn`t see emails about that posted on his site
    Yesterday he sent me email which had "server cancelation" in subject and said that he wants to cancel the server and aksed what is the refund policy. So we did as he asked we canceled his server. I guess how many providers leave canceled servers online so the client can go send spam if they have nothing to loose.

just my 2 cents

Petr, you just have turned off my other machine as well which has nothing to do with this issue. As far as the payment is concerned, the only payment which got late was for the second server. And we both agreed on that. Remember, you said me ok we can wait for the payment. It was never one sided.

Again, only the second server payment got late. And you know we agreed on it Petr. You have now turned off the other machine. WHY ? You are asking for the bills on time? You mentioned that I screwed the server. I can show you the logs, it was not me .. It was the hardware errors. You tech send me mails confirming that. I can show everyone those emails as well.

TURN ON MY OTHER MACHINE ! THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ISSUE !!

Naseer
    We eDrive your Business!

Petr, you just turned off my other machine for the payment never got delayed and is still payed !
    We eDrive your Business!

Again, only the second server payment got late. And you know we agreed on it Petr. You have now turned off the other machine. WHY ? You are asking for the bills on time?
    TURN ON MY OTHER MACHINE ! THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ISSUE !!

Naseer
    funny

Petr,
    You know I was out of city, I just came back and was really shocked to read you mail. I called the bank to check why was the card declined. They told me that there was a malfunction with their systems and all the system was down. They are hoping to get it up by tomorrow.

Petr, I can understand your position. I am not trying to fool you or not making any fun of you. I now have got payment from the client and want to pay you as early as possible. I realize it is difficult sometime to live without the payments. Believe me, I am not making any excuses. If I was to cancel the server or not to pay you, I would have done it before. I have 400+ domain running on 1 serer hosted by you and I can't just simply leave it and walk out of business. I suggest you wait for tomorrow and I'll manage to somehow make the payment. No matter how I do it. Even I have to arrange some other card but you will get you payment surely by tomorrow.

Regards,

Naseer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late responce Petr. I am indeed sorry for not keeping my promice. Anyway, you can charge the card now. I mailed Chris last days and come to know there was some problem with the server hardware. I think it was Mother board problem. Please check that and also, let me know when the faulty hardware will be replaced. I am going out of city right now and won't be available for next 24 hours. Please fix the problem a.s.a.p as the client is about to kill me

and please, make the machine up and check it for any hardware cause.

Regards,

Naseer

----- Original Message -----
    To: M. Naseer Bhatti
    Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:25 PM
    Subject: server payment

Naseer,

you promised that the payment will be available on monday. It`s wednesday and we still haven`t heard from you. If the payment is not received in next 12 hours, we`ll reseller the server to someone else.

regards

Petr
    FDCservers
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

My server payment for 66.250.160.47 is due also. The problem here is that I am not getting payment from the client. He is delaying. Now I have to pay you so I have 2 choices here. Either instead of paying you for 3 months, as we have in contract, I pay you per month. This will reduce some load on me. As an existing customer I am sure I can have this favor. Second option, I don't like myself is more delay in the payment.

If you can adjust this issue with me, I would be grateful. Let me know which option best suites you so we can have a good business in future. Let me know the total amount also which I will be paying right now.

Naseer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

66.250.160.47 is down .. if you made it down due to non payment, please make it up and we can settle the payment thing here. Make the server up please.

Naseer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having some payment problems. I hope it will be resolved by this week. I am sure I can pay you before that. Please wait for my mail and I'll let you know to charge the card.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Naseer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Naseer Bhatti
    Email: [email protected]
    IP: 66.250.160.xx
    Comments: Hi, the server is not responding. If this is a payment issue, please switch on the server and we can resolve this on Mail.

and what this all has to do with the machine you just turned off ? You have got payments for both the machines and just digging out old mails.

To: "Petr Kral - KingComp systems&FDCservers.net" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Server Cancellation
    Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:12:24 +0500

Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello Petr,

I am sorry to say that I have to cancel my Windows Server, 66.250.160.47. Please let me know the refund policy. The server wasn't always online and had always some hardware issue. Still there are errors on the machine. Please let me know so that we can do this before that start of the next month.

The client has discontinued due to the massive downtime and problems. For this reason I have to discontinue it as well.

Regards,
    Naseer

Any possible meaning of this email to shut the machine down? You can't just make a decision on the subject of the Email.
    We eDrive your Business!

Hello Petr,

I am sorry to say that I have to cancel my Windows Server, 66.250.160.47. .

we made a decision upon this, and you wrote it

Strange as it may sound, I have to agree with Petr on this

Subject: Server Cancellation
    Reason to think it's a cancellation.

I am sorry to say that I have to cancel my Windows Server, 66.250.160.47.

The client has discontinued due to the massive downtime and problems. For this reason I have to discontinue it as well.
    You're stating your client has cancelled the server and you therefore no longer want it. The sentence suggests you want the cancellation asap.

Please let me know so that we can do this before that start of the next month.
    This is the only thing I can see to be in your favour, but it is vague. Did you say you wanted the server to be cancelled by the start of next month or did you want the refund handled by then? Might have been a reason for Petr to confirm the cancellation before going ahead, but the other statements IMHO still outweigh this one.

Originally posted by Tazzman
    Strange as it may sound, I have to agree with Petr on this

You're stating your client has cancelled the server and you therefore no longer want it. The sentence suggests you want the cancellation asap.

This is the only thing I can see to be in your favour, but it is vague. Did you say you wanted the server to be cancelled by the start of next month or did you want the refund handled by then? Might have been a reason for Petr to confirm the cancellation before going ahead, but the other statements IMHO still outweigh this one.
    Maybe im reading it wrong, but i was getting the impression petr cancelled both servers, not just one maybe im turning dyslexic though .

Re: My WORST NIGHTMARE with FDCSERVERS !!!

Originally posted by Goni I also have found a link about another Kingcomp's scam at http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff18602.htm They seems to specialize in such acts. They are a TOTAL SCAM !! STAY AWAY FROM THEM !!

Regards,

Naseer [/B]

I suggest you go to Americanexpress.com and you look up KingComp systems in their database. You`ll see that we did $1 000 000 in hardware sales last year. That`s about 5000 happy customers. You found one person who claims he got ripped of while he ripped him self off when he broke the merchandise. You call that scam ?????

My comments were solely aimed at the Windows server that got cancelled. I'll keep out of the finger pointing on the other server

Exclamation No more mister nice guy!

- this doesn't brlong here -
    Last edited by Twarlock; 10-17-2002 at 10:54 PM.

Hey,

Petr, my server very very slowly at one week.

And you disn't send any response and you didn't support it against numerously email and you didn't change corrupt hardware.

Why other people start typing there stuff i mean last post unrelated to this...........btw I ve to back petr on this. That again if i m a server host i would do the same... It clearly shows to cancel.

quicksols Even if you're a host, would you make a final decision just reading one line from the subject and ignoring the rest of the message? The email clearly shows that I never wanted to cancel the machine right now and I was trying to inquire about the refund policy. Not only Petr, cancelled the machine, he didn't notified me of it nor replied to that Email, also ignored the rest of the message.

I am sorry to say that I have to cancel my Windows Server, 66.250.160.47. Please let me know the refund policy. The server wasn't always online and had always some hardware issue. Still there are errors on the machine. Please let me know so that we can do this before that start of the next month.
    Read the bold ones carefully. What actually meant by this? Petr, you have done your part. You lied to everyone about the payment issue. Only the payments for second server was late and that has nothing to do with this issue. You not only related and mixed everything together but are tying to make a false scenario.

Tell me, why the other machine was unplugged from the network last night while all the other machines on that switch were online? I was checking the log files and it showed that you checked the webpage ( http://www.digitallinx.com/incident/ ) and the machine was switched off.

What is this? What are you trying to prove here? It won't prove you are a
    We eDrive your Business!

NAseer just curious
    Were u trying to INstall Ensim for windows by any chance on that box???

i would never turn a customers account or server off without first agreeing a date / time.

Most people will always notify you that they will not be wanting a server in advance of the close date.

quicksols Ensim was installed on that machine. BTW: where did that come from?

thebyp2 There is a miserable example in front of you. FDCServers just did that and they are not even accepting their fault.
    We eDrive your Business!

Originally posted by thebyp2
    i would never turn a customers account or server off without first agreeing a date / time.

Most people will always notify you that they will not be wanting a server in advance of the close date.
    I do!

If a client sends me an email stating "please cancel my server, i no longer need it" or something like that, unless they specify a date/time, its immediatly turned off, but we dont resell it right away either (we usually leave 'em down 24-48 hours in case there is a problem).

Well I agree that if you send that you should have already backed up all your files. However, they shouldn't have just resold it right away.

What I did, was just a question and they meant that I am final over it. They not even cancelled the machine without confirmation but they also resold it very quickly. I wonder how they are holding the other servers so far

After reading all the thread again, I found no justified answer from them over the issue. Just false rumors to divert the attention. They actually had all of the setup and extra setup I paid for the upgrades. I didn't even got the remote reboot (APC) which was the part of the deal. They didn't qualify for the deal from the start, then how come one trust them for the rest of the time?

And I just got an Email from them to backup and MOVE all my data from the other server cause they are going to cancel the service. The reason they gave is,
    We are no longer interested in business relationship with your company based on several facts, one of them is spreading false information and intentionally trying to hurt our business.
    funny isn't it? and the time they gave me is almost 11 days from now. I wonder how many customers will be going to them after reading from WHT threads I still owe them some money which I paid in advance. I wonder how they are going to adjust that.
    We eDrive your Business!

To be honest, your case is not going to scare people off to FDC. In fact, it seems it's all your fault at the first place not FDC. I have a friend who is also running a host. He says that those who are late in payments, he will remove them immediately because after years of experiences, he's found that they are most likely the ones who cause problems in general. In other words, like statistic, people who own guns with criminal records, they are more like to commit with their guns that they buy. I am not saying you are a bad customer or person, just a thought. Also, if I have read this thread, I will more avoid you than FDC when you sign a new host, at least I will not set up your server if the payment is not received based on your record at WHT and yet I know your name and domain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast