Thread: UCG any good?

UCG any good?

I know they havn't been around long but what are some peoples thoughts that have a server with them? They seem to only have high quality BW now and that's good though they still have Cognet as a backup.

But what are you peoples (who have servers with them) thoughts? Does anyone have any clients on a UCG server? What's with the up time? I heard they had a screwed up perception of how 00.01% downtime is or something.

Thenks people.
    Cory Cone

Their uptime is unacceptable to house clients on one of their boxes. Do a search here for more information.
    Signature SPAM

Georgia, USA

They don't seem to be using Williams/Cogent anymore, see this thread for info on that.

I haven't had any problems with them. Tech support is good, server works perfectly

Only problem I've come across is they seem to have a dodgy router that sometimes goes on the blink. I'm not sure about the amount of bandwidth available either, if anyone can give me a file to download on a fast server, I'll have a go at downloading it for you to do a test.

Also, its not for the feint hearted - those with experience in server administration need only apply (you will do most things through SSH).