Question What would make your hosting life easier?

Hi,

You (as a host) know better than me what problems a host can have when it comes to running his business smoothly. After all, the nice thing of running an online business is that you can automate things a lot (not all).
    But what kind of software/program would make your life as a host easier? You can name functions you would like to see, or a complete package. If there is enough demand for something, I will make it and sell it for a discounted price to those who gave the thoughts.

Thank you in advance, looking forward to your ideas!

Jacco

Jacco, a whole backend script designed specially for hosts would be very usefull. And billing systems etc etc. Let me know if you would like to discuss it more detail.

Matt

me and my partner from a while ago created a billing system/invoicer helpdesk and a cpanel all into one on a php backend (VERY nice)

A complete (mySQL/php) system would be great.

Scripts for signups(including a option to register for a domain or not), an admin/client management area, helpdesk support, faq/knowledgebase area, billing system... etc.

Easy to install (install script included). Integration with CPanel/Plesk/Ensim and WHM.

Different levels of access permissions...
    1) Normal User
    2) Support Staff
    3) Admin Staff

Hopefully this system wouldn't be much trouble to integrate into any site.

Would add more when I can think of them

Cheers.
    Last edited by worxpc; 10-18-2002 at 04:36 AM.
    Daniel.
    Worxpc WebHosting Support Team.
    Powered By Technology...
    Fueled By Passion.

Ditto of worxpc.....

* TechEGlobal - http://www.TechEGlobal.Com *

So a whole complete Client Management System would be a good idea? And preferably able to integrate into leading controle panels?
    Wordpress website builder (Build Your Own Money Site) and hosting enthusiast. I test cloud hosters for speed :-). Currently working on HIPAA HQ, Let's Grind Some Coffee and Build Your Own Web Store.

I would like to see a program like this under US$150
    :: Billing system - like Modern bill
    :: Billing staff can only see billing of account
    :: Integration into accounting programs, (such as Quicken, MYOB here in oz) or whatever you guys use in the US
    :: Billing staff CAN'T see how much money the comp is making
    :: Sinkable interface
    :: Support staff can only see support
    :: Owner can see every thing
    :: Can set senior staff access to support, and billing
    :: Client log (log support phone calls, ability to have reference numbers to give to clients)
    :: Integration with control panels
    :: Mail lists to email only client types, e.g resellers, normal, dedicated, co-lo etc
    :: Support ticketing that is integrated (like Perl-desk)
    :: Allow users to upgrade there accounts automatically, from the account panel
    :: One login needed for account owner, this would be great one system and they can do billing, admin, tech, then they can add slave accounts which let them assign own logins to billing, admin and techs
    :: Domain management
    :: CC batching for own merchant account with bank (ie, exports amounts cc # and exp, and manually enter into own merchant termaial)

Backend using PHP/mySQL.

Also if you wish to have a credit line in your program, I would like to see your company name and (c) only.

Originally posted by SpiritAu
    I would like to see a program like this under US$150
    :: Billing system - like Modern bill
    :: Billing staff can only see billing of account
    :: Integration into accounting programs, (such as Quicken, MYOB here in oz) or whatever you guys use in the US
    :: Billing staff CAN'T see how much money the comp is making
    :: Sinkable interface
    :: Support staff can only see support
    :: Owner can see every thing
    :: Can set senior staff access to support, and billing
    :: Client log (log support phone calls, ability to have reference numbers to give to clients)
    :: Integration with control panels
    :: Mail lists to email only client types, e.g resellers, normal, dedicated, co-lo etc
    :: Support ticketing that is integrated (like Perl-desk)
    :: Allow users to upgrade there accounts automatically, from the account panel
    :: One login needed for account owner, this would be great one system and they can do billing, admin, tech, then they can add slave accounts which let them assign own logins to billing, admin and techs
    :: Domain management
    :: CC batching for own merchant account with bank (ie, exports amounts cc # and exp, and manually enter into own merchant termaial)
    Wow, good list! Is there more interest for this? If there is enough interest I could begin making this. But as I understand, Cpanel isn't perfect? I thought this was the ultimate control panel, but I understand that at the backend there are some things which should be built?

Jacco

That's going to be a big project, but if you are able to make this, a lot of people would defenitly be intrested.

We've got several control panel solutions coming out soon. Including full hosting managment...