Video Card Experts needed

I know this is non server/hosting related but maybe someone can help me! I have a GeForce 4 MX video card in a Micron AMD 701 mhz system with 300 something megs of ram. The computer just freezes up on me at random, and I have to power down to reboot the system. There are no hardware conflicts or software showing up on the device manager. It does this with winXP pro and win98. I have 3 fans in the computer itself, left it on all night while I was sleeping, so it never got hot or froze up, but I did see something on the screen that said ISA to PCI bridge or something if that makes any sense! anyone got any ideas as to why the system just freezes up?? please!

Reseat your memory, cables & cards, update the BIOS.

What was the LTFW ? (Last thing fooled with)
    GUI admin tools have no honor. It is a good day to vi.

Hi,

Any reason why you think this may be video card related? I notice the subject referring to video cards.

Usually if the memory isn't seated properly that computer will not boot at all or give erroneous readings when you look at the system information to verify that the amount of memory matches what you think you have.

Could be a bad cable. The fact that it does it with two different OSs tells me that it could be a very low level problem.

Rob

2 OS's = hardware problem
    Complete lockup = 99% CPU or Memory

Reseat everything, then start either moving memory to see if something changes or just remove sticks until it goes away.

Last resort - reset BIOS to defaults, upgrade if possible.

Long shot - power supply can't handle the load - add any disks lately ?

And......... What was the LTFW ?
    GUI admin tools have no honor. It is a good day to vi.

When you say at random, do you mean randomly at any time, or randomly whenever utilizing 3d graphics (eg. playing games). What chipset is on your mobo? I've have problems in the past with VIA chipsets like the KT133 (BTW, anyone want to buy a ABIT KT7? :p ), and some chipsets you have to fool a lot with BIOS settings like your vcore, memory hole, and other settings to get things working correctly.
    Fire extinguisher extraordinare
    -------------------------------
    FastServers.Net NOC Admin