Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

bobcares vs actsupport.com

I've seen some posts on both of these...more posts for bobcares and very little for actsupport...I'd like to get some more thoughts on these companies. We currently have a staff that handles support requests, but I'm looking for a back-up option in the event I'm short a guy, etc. I do like the per ticket plan that actsupport offers...does the gang here have any thoughts?

Re: bobcares vs actsupport.com

Originally posted by Tom Pyles
    I've seen some posts on both of these...more posts for bobcares and very little for actsupport...I'd like to get some more thoughts on these companies. We currently have a staff that handles support requests, but I'm looking for a back-up option in the event I'm short a guy, etc. I do like the per ticket plan that actsupport offers...does the gang here have any thoughts?
    I suspect both are the same people. Or that ActSupport just resells bobcares.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

LOL....That thought had crossed my mind

ROFL That's too funny.
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

Re: Re: bobcares vs actsupport.com

Originally posted by dhabets

I suspect both are the same people.
    What are you basing that on...?
    Jeremy » [email protected]
    Front Drive » Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Re: Re: Re: bobcares vs actsupport.com

Originally posted by tribby

What are you basing that on...?
    ActSupport has similar plans, but when I spoke to one of the people there through livesupport/livechat (can't remember what it's called) I asked them "do you work with bobcares?" and the person said "yes" and then 2 seconds later he said "Oh, no, we do not work with them, but with another company in india" and then he writes "I misspelled the name". Now how can somebody mix up bobcares with some other name? Maybe JimCares?

That's why I think this. Of course I have no real proof.

edit: I use bobcares and it works just fine for me.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Tom,
    ACT support and BobCares are NOT the same company. ACT support is simply outstanding to say the least. We have been using them for about 4 months now and there service is GREAT! I would highly recommend going with them there techs are knowlegdeable and friendly and they are a company you can rely on, if I were you I would check them out!

I know bobcares' URL, but what is ACT's web site URL?
    DatacenterHardware.com

Originally posted by Benjamin
    I know bobcares' URL, but what is ACT's web site URL?
    http://www.actsupport.com/

but it's not working for me...

Originally posted by aragon

http://www.actsupport.com/

but it's not working for me...

Working fine for me...

Working for me...in fact, chatting with them right now about their services

Not working for me...

Originally posted by Taylor

Working fine for me...
    I take that back, now also not coming up for me.

LOL...I lost them in mid chat and having issues now getting the site....hmmmm. Its hard to tell about them with the short conversation I had with them....quick to ask a lot of questions about my company instead of answering the questions I had...could be the slight delay in chat so I won't write them off just yet....

When I chatted with them, they wanted to know my company details before I even said I was actually interested in their services.
    DatacenterHardware.com

Working for me...

I cannot access it.

*shrug*

Works for me.
    http://www.sonichost.net
    Hosting Solutions That Won't Break Your Budget!

Hi All,

Let us reply to all the queries one by one.

“I suspect both are the same people. Or that ActSupport just resells bobcares “

ACTSupport is based at TX, USA with its technical team working from India. ACTSupport is not a reseller of any company. If anyone had this thought, I would advise him/her to first compare the rates of both the companies before deciding that ACTSupport resells bobcares. I honestly can’t imagine that a reseller can be more cost-effective than the original company, under consideration.

“ActSupport has similar plans, but when I spoke to one of the people there through livesupport/livechat (can't remember what it's called) I asked them "do you work with bobcares?" and the person said "yes" and then 2 seconds later he said "Oh, no, we do not work with them, but with another company in india" and then he writes "I misspelled the name". Now how can somebody mix up bobcares with some other name? Maybe JimCares?

That's why I think this. Of course I have no real proof. “

This is the part of the conversation you had with our support team

User: 3 - (final question) Is there any relationship between Act Support and bobcares?
    ACTSupport: We are related to Bobcares.com
    User: okay
    ACTSupport: Our Corporate office ACT inc., is in TX, USA
    ACTSupport: and our branch office is in India
    ACTSupport: Technical Team works from India
    ACTSupport: sorry
    ACTSupport: We are not related to Bobcares.com
    User: sorry?
    ACTSupport: I misspelled it
    User: okay, who is it then?
    User: (if you don't mind me asking)
    ACTSupport: As i stated earlier, we are based at Texas

Our team has nowhere mentioned, “I misspelled the name”. Actually the word 'not' is missed in the conversation. We regret for the usage of the word 'misspelled' instead of 'missed'. The rest is best explained in the conversation.

“When I chatted with them, they wanted to know my company details before I even said I was actually interested in their services.”
    You may or may not be interested in our services. We assume that all who chat with us do so to enquire about our services. Hence, we try to know about the company so that we can provide them the information they may need, right away. This is to make your conversation with our team, short and informative.

Hope this clears your doubts !

I dont think they are related, I just think the person you where talking to has some poor "english" going and made a mistake.
    Personnal Blog
    PHPJack Inc. Technology Consulting Services
    I can help you with your technology needs from beginning to end.

Just curious, your website states an affiliation with "Native American Business Alliance (Native American Organization) ." I understand that Native American are sometimes called Indians, but if I understand your posts correctly the people you have working for you are Indians from India.

I have to tip my hat to bobcares. They have been a wonderful support team for us and we look forward to integrating more of their services in the future.

Aside from their per ticket/per server plans, they are now introducing "dedicated tech" plans where you can have your own, college degreed, unix trained tech for $1250 (or so) per month.

If you think about it, you could have a team of 6 techs in place, with round the clock coverage, for about the same price a good unix admin/network engineer...

Amar and Kishore are great guys... Give them a holler if you are looking for hosting support.

Darin

(ps - we do host the bobcares.com site, that's more of us trying to offset our payments to them than trying to pimp our customer base.)
    [COLOR=royal blue]Deru[/COLOR] Communications
    www.deru.net

FYI, ACTSupport started the dedicated plans covering 24 /7 support, as soon as it launched its technical support services and hence dedicated plans are not new to us. We have dedicated plans for as low as $ 1015/ month coupled with 24 / 7 quality service.

Moreover, we also have semidedicated plans, wherein the techies of ACT work for 8 or 12 hours a day.

For all dedicated plans, we provide FREE LiveChat technical help, which means our techies respond to you right away.

Just curious, your website states an affiliation with "Native American Business Alliance (Native American Organization) ." I understand that Native American are sometimes called Indians, but if I understand your posts correctly the people you have working for you are Indians from India.

We are a US minority company because the owner, David Rowe is a Native American Indian. We just happen to employ people from India and have an office there. Our technical team works from both India (for remote services) and US.

I will vouch for actsupport, they really work hard to get to know y our company and tailor a plan for your needs. If you want someone that is willing to work for what you request in terms of details of your operation, these guys will be able to do it.

Actsupport.com,

The site loads fine for me. But the exitchange popups on every new page? Well, the popups certainly annoy me. Do you guys make a lot of money from them? Or, are you guys in need of money from exitchange popups?
    Eric

Actsupport.com,

The site loads fine for me. But the exitchange popups on every new page? Well, the popups certainly annoy me. Do you guys make a lot of money from them? Or, are you guys in need of money from exitchange popups?

Eric,
    Thanks for your valuable feedback on the annoying popups.
    We have removed it. BTW we are not making any money out of it, we just tried it as a marketing tool. Thats all

Actsupport.com,

Eric,
    Thanks for your valuable feedback on the annoying popups.
    We have removed it. BTW we are not making any money out of it, we just tried it as a marketing tool. Thats all
    ACT, thanks for dropping those annoying pop-ups...I hate them on shopping sites, but especially hate them on service sites...I will be following up with you this week on services...as my original post stated, we are looking for a 'back-up' in the event I have a tech unavailable for a few hours...more than likely, I'll go with the per-ticket plan...if that goes well and we are happy with the service, we'll increase to another plan.

I'd like to test it because I am leary about outsourcing, especially when it comes to client support I hope you understand.

Tom Pyles wrote:

I'd like to test it because I am leary about outsourcing, especially when it comes to client support I hope you understand.
    Tom - would you mind sharing your thoughts after you give it a test run?

Thanks,
    yjack

Certainly will....

Hello Tom,

Thanks for signing up with our FREE trial.
    We assure you a quality support on a 24/7 basis.

Thanks again.

I gotta put my $02 in here. I have a new server, and was going to try out bobcares and actsupport to see who would be best to stay with, and then move them to the other clients later. I contacted them about helping me with starting off since I only had one reseller account under my root account there, and a few sites on the server. Bobcares told me (after i waited 9 days for a response) that i would have to sign up for the server account, which is $100/mo. Sathish at Actsupport was on a chat in his site and was very friendly and decided generously to work out a deal to help me temporarily, regardless of his set up plans.

I cannot honestly vouch for how either one of them would deal with my customers, but I do know who I prefer now. If Actsupport deals with my customers the way that I was dealt with, it will be a very positive thing for my company.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Ive contacted both and the reply from actsupport was about a week and a half faster than bobcares and it was more detailed and they where more descriptive and willing to work towards a custom solution. Ive descided on actsupport, but have yet to sign up because i have a few things i need to work out first..

I think im going to use them more for server maintenance then ticket support though...
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

LOL...signed up for the 1 week trial of actsupport....Customer submitted a question to our help desk. I waited to see what happened...issue resolved and ticket closed within 30 minutes...it was a basic question about setting up custom error pages for add-on domains in CPanel (note the add-on). Reply was very prompt and full of accurate information...basic step by step on setting up the .htaccess to do this...

really,, nice.. could you show there answer to give an idea of the quality type of service they provide,, or PM it to me.. (lol,, demo of outsourced support)
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

PM sent...nothing earthshaking but hopefully a good sign of things to come...Keep in mind that it was only 1 ticket so you can base a huge decision on it....we'll see what happens as more tickets come it

After reading here and checking out their site I think I am going to try out actsupport and see how it works out for the free trial.

My problem is I am a small company without a lot of resources so my only problem in the end might be affording it in the end. But I am willing to go the extra mile in this case to provide a great service to my customers.
    David White
    Owner/Operator
    http://www.liftnw8.com
    Is Your Host Weak?

David,
    If you are worried about cost, you may want to consider the per ticket plan. Yes, it will cost you up front to purchase the 50 tickets, but if you are small and don't see a lot of support requests, that should last you awhile...as your company grows, then you can upgrade as needed...this is assuming you are already managing your own servers (or they are managed by your provider).

Tom,

Thanks, currently I am managing my servers, I just need a good way to provide 24/7 support. If they offer the 50 tickets whether up front or not that could last me a little while and will help as I grow. Thanks for letting me know.
    David White
    Owner/Operator
    http://www.liftnw8.com
    Is Your Host Weak?

Yup I *think* it is $120 for the first 50 tickets...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast