Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question How many customers

Just wondering how many customers you guys have and how long it took you to reach that number. If your not comfortable telling numbers cause of privacy policy, thats cool. Im just askin the people that are okay with it.
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    [email protected]
    Create.Design.Innovate
      0 Not allowed!

We have just about 5,000 clients under our belt. We did some massive direct-marketing campaigns to get these clients and it took us about 1 to 1.5 years to get. Hard work if you ask me.
    Kaumil P.
      0 Not allowed!

what kind of direct marketing did you do?
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    [email protected]
    Create.Design.Innovate
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by hostingplex
    We have just about 5,000 clients under our belt. We did some massive direct-marketing campaigns to get these clients and it took us about 1 to 1.5 years to get. Hard work if you ask me.
    Thats impressive WELL DONE!
      0 Not allowed!

Took us 1 Year and half to come up with funds, make business plan, choose what we want, and we are still in the final touches for the big goal that we had. Launching November 1st, 2002.
    Not trying to be confrontational but I'm confused!
      0 Not allowed!

I'll be blunt.. I don't believe you.
      0 Not allowed!

With sales managers like: http://www.hostingplex.com/i/main.gif
    5000 clients is not a problem
    We value support and network performance.
    http://skyhost.biz
      0 Not allowed!

Heh,

We've been doing this for 2 years, but now, we're going bigger and better. We've been offering simple services before, but now we are offering dedicated, colocation, etc, etc.

5,000 is true
    Kaumil P.
      0 Not allowed!

5,000 is true
    I'm not one to bash but it pisses me off when hosts spew B.S. so I hope you don't mind explaining the following:

1. This thread mentions you have 100 clients and the post is dated June 5, 2002. Shouldn't you be boasting 4900 clients in 4 months?

2. I'm familiar with webhosting.com's former logo and you are using it. You can't afford a new logo with 5,000 clients?

3. I have never heard of you until now and with that kind of growth within 4 months you should be well branded throughout hosting directories, search engines, message boards, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Canada eh!

So isn't 5000 CA customers = about 500 US customers?

I'm merely joking, just trying to lighten things up in here, people get all huffy and puffy over such little things. If you have 5000 customers I congratulate you and hope I can one day become that successful! Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

would you like to trade your 5000 customers for my porsche?

<vbg>,
    paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by localhost

1. This thread mentions you have 100 clients and the post is dated June 5, 2002. Shouldn't you be boasting 4900 clients in 4 months?
    Ouch!

- John C.
      0 Not allowed!

Again, a lot of investigators on this board. I am not going to argue about it, to the people that congratulated me, thanks guys. Appreciate it, a lot of jealous web hosts out there? Who knows.

I know for myself that I am speaking the truth, so it's cool.
    Kaumil P.
      0 Not allowed!

Again, a lot of investigators on this board. I am not going to argue about it, to the people that congratulated me, thanks guys. Appreciate it, a lot of jealous web hosts out there? Who knows.

Good words in response. I have gained your trust that you are telling the truth, not that I ever thought otherwise.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.
      0 Not allowed!

Around 320 in four months, we bought several older hosting companies though.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company
      0 Not allowed!

Not jealous, just sick of all the lies and half-truths *some* hosts like to make about themselves. I'm no investigator, but your own words contradict themselves, which means you have incriminated yourself

Best of luck to you and your 100, errrr, I mean 5000 clients!

- John C.
      0 Not allowed!

Not really, Because we did a lot of work these past months to get to where we are now.
    Kaumil P.
      0 Not allowed!

*waits for UmBillyCord to drop by*

On the 6/6/02, you said you have 100 clients. Congratulations on the growth from 100 to 5,000 clients in such a short space of time.

You need to defend yourself as your integrity is on the line right now.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!
      0 Not allowed!

You'll see in the next few months that I wasn't lying
    Kaumil P.
      0 Not allowed!

Not really, Because we did a lot of work these past months to get to where we are now.
    (1). Will you state for the record, that you gained 4,900 clients since the 6/6/02?

If you cannot state this for the record, then you need to retract your claim of 5,000 clients. That's 4,900 clients gained in just over 4mths. That's about 40 new clients per day for the last 124 days.

Nice work indeed.
      0 Not allowed!

You'll see in the next few months that I wasn't lying
    Why can't we see now?

You would be well advised to take this issue very seriously and stop dancing around the subject.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not judging you, but you state 1-1.5 years of hard work to get to 5,000 clients, but you had only 100 clients in June of 2002 ("only hosted sites of friends and their friends" up until June 2002). You said in your original post that you were planning on now making this a business (as of June 2002) and wanted to introduce yourself.

June 2002 -
    So far it has got us over 100 clients from doing minimal work. Most of the promotion was word of mouth and our clients letting their pals know that we were giving them good service.
    You state minimal work in the original post, but now state hard work in this post.

And then, you got 4,900 clients in only 4 months! Many contradictions, many unexplained questions. You posted the 5,000 number publically, so now you open up your company to questions about it.

If you can explain all of this, then everyone will pat you on the back and give you the "atta boy" that you deserve and want

- John C.
      0 Not allowed!

I cannot show you right now because we are working on it Should be finished by November 1st, 2002.

100 clients were gathered with minimal effort, then we worked real hard to get the rest of the clients. We have done a lot of workings with real estate brokers, small businesses and many friends sites. World-of-mouth carries, and so thats where we are right now.

We also buy a lot of traffic from webmaster related sites, so that helps tremendously.

I hope that "clears" the questions.
    Kaumil P.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I guess we'll have to trust you

Congrats on the fastest word of mouth campaign that WHT has ever seen! 4,900 clients in 120(ish) days...gotta be a record (Or you have lots of friends).

Your prices are higher than most, and that usually equates to slower growth, but you have managed to beat out even the $1/month hosts in signup rate!

Good luck on your next 5,000 clients, should be an exciting sequel.

BTW, your Domain Registration page quotes 1 year domain registrations for Register.com and NSI at $54/year, might want to update that with today's actual costs.

- John C.
      0 Not allowed!

I cannot show you right now because we are working on it Should be finished by November 1st, 2002.

100 clients were gathered with minimal effort, then we worked real hard to get the rest of the clients. We have done a lot of workings with real estate brokers, small businesses and many friends sites. World-of-mouth carries, and so thats where we are right now.

We also buy a lot of traffic from webmaster related sites, so that helps tremendously.

I hope that "clears" the questions.
    No it doesn't.

My question again -

"(1). Will you state for the record, that you gained 4,900 clients since the 6/6/02?"
      0 Not allowed!

Heh,
    We've been doing this for 2 years, but now, we're going bigger and better. We've been offering simple services before, but now we are offering dedicated, colocation, etc, etc.
    5,000 is true
    How are you doing co-location if you are using Alabanza for your hosting needs? Didn't see any co-location services on your website? Or is this part of the Nov. 1, 2002 grand opening (of your new services and our eyes)?

- John C.
      0 Not allowed!

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".

- Sir Walter Scott
      0 Not allowed!

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".
    "What a tangled web we weave, Go 'round with circumstance"

- Eagles "Saturday Night"
    http://www.sonichost.net
    Hosting Solutions That Won't Break Your Budget!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by labzone
    Here's a nice little tool to find how many domains are associated with nameservers. HostingPlex... clear things up now and let us know which nameservers you are using.
    This tool DOES NOT WORKING CORRECTLY!!!
    Alex
      0 Not allowed!

what if someone said they have lost -4000 customers, do they have to defend their company then? would they be challenged to show proof?
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!
      0 Not allowed!

btw u should really get a web designer to change that page if u have 5000 customers.. i mean.. $45,000 a month... fork out $1000 and you'll have a lovely design which will get you more clients!
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!
      0 Not allowed!

He's been caught stretching the truth. Best to just admit it, say sorry and move on.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by labzone
    Here's a nice little tool to find how many domains are associated with nameservers. HostingPlex... clear things up now and let us know which nameservers you are using.
    Yes but that list is very old.. I think from sometime in Febuary. I am actually looking for a updated version somewhere or if someone knows where to get it I would be more than happy to host it for a while I know its kinda big.
      0 Not allowed!

Man, I love this industry.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe he had a typo by 2 '0's?
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com
      0 Not allowed!

I host over 400,000 web sites I am lying;-)
    I make over 4 million $$$$$$'s a month Now I am really lying

I did all this in less than 2 months with my super duper patented marketing plan on sale now for only a one time investment of $299.99

I only have to work 1 hour day!
    Insert your own BS here

Ask me how you too can get rich overnight with no effort or investment needed.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF HOSTING
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by whatever
    Maybe he had a typo by 2 '0's?
    No, that isn't the case.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Monte
    I host over 400,000 web sites I am lying;-)
    I make over 4 million $$$$$$'s a month Now I am really lying

I did all this in less than 2 months with my super duper patented marketing plan on sale now for only a one time investment of $299.99

I only have to work 1 hour day!
    Insert your own BS here

Ask me how you too can get rich overnight with no effort or investment needed.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF HOSTING
    Where do I sign up??
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by OKIHost

Yes but that list is very old.. I think from sometime in Febuary. I am actually looking for a updated version somewhere or if someone knows where to get it I would be more than happy to host it for a while I know its kinda big.
    I would be interested in such tool but up to date. If someone knows it post it here
      0 Not allowed!

Just in case anyone wants to know how those tools work:

Basically, what it does is it accesses the Verisign zone files and downloads it from FTP (verisign as a program that you can sign up for), i think its like > 30MB but i may be way wrong about that. then all you need is a simple perl script to parse it. anyone can do it, as long as you have the time/will to download huge files and spend time while your computer parse millions of lines.

If i have enough free time today (and that would mean time has to magically stop), ill look through my papers and find my username/pw to the zone files and ill try to whip up a script for you guys, no promises

Update: I cant find my verisign username/pw
    Last edited by MaB; 10-18-2002 at 01:11 PM.
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast