Shared Servers: Kill processes taking your CPU now!

Keep your shared servers running smoothly:

ProcessKill is a simple script that monitors current processes in a Linux system and kills the processes taking more than X% of CPU and running for more than Y minutes. This is specially useful for webhosting companies selling shared servers.

ProcessKill was not made to be beautiful and with a lot of features but to be an effective script.

For more information:

London, UK
    $20 per server
    (just so people reading know)

seems pretty good, ill read a little more tonight and might grab this off you. Can i make it email me rather than kill the process ?
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK | US | Since 1998.

For those running Plesk although I haven't tried it, I woudn't say it's good. Because plesk runs webalizer which runs for some time with pretty high cpu load.

That is not a problem because you can configure it to allow some users to run whatever they want (don't kill their processes, even if it takes a long time)

script's setup allows you to exclude tasks runing under certain users, so you can skip tasks like mysql, weblizer and such...

I ordered it a couple of days ago, it's pretty simple to install and the price is very good too. Very friendly support.

umm, did you look at pam? it is free and does all of this and more =]

* Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at]

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters